Difference: 2020BRoadmap (1 vs. 15)

Revision 152021-04-20 - GiulianoTaffoni

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications WG

Standards
  • MOC 2.0: Work towards standardizing Space-Time MOCs.
  • VOTable 1.5
    • Would love to demonstrate that a new minor version can be turned around fairly quickly.
    • Stimulate diiscussion of existing issues (https://github.com/ivoa-std/VOTable/issues).
    • Continue improving contributors' comfort level with the change process within github.
  • Clean up applications WG wiki pages.
    • Remove stale links
    • Ensure guidance on current work is up to date
Python
  • Continue to engage with Astropy community
  • Support open development in PyVO
  • Maintain votable parsing in Astropy core
    • Includes supporting VOTable 1.4
HiPS
  • With other WGs, discuss metadata and integration with other standards.
  • Continue to encourage HiPS providers to declare their services in the VO registry according to the HiPS Standard.

Data Access Layer WG

standards on the recommendation path

  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by begining of 2021
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Ongoing Standards

Other activities
  • Running a workshop to build a concensus on the model usage in the VO. The outcomes of this workshop might impact ongoing standards.

Grid and Web Services WG

Added:
>
>

Science Platforms

  • Towards a Theory IG and GWS workshop on science platforms at Interop "gemini" 2021
    • Encourage collaboration. Share knowledge, code and resources with similar institutes. Organic convergence.
    • Identify possible ideas for standards on SP (e.g. common libraries to read/write data)
    • Describe POSIX access to a platform. New VOResource Interface Type?
    • How can we remote execute codes on data? What infrastructure and information did you need? What problems did you face?
  • Encouraged groups to use Kubernetes. Data centres will be running services as containers. Natural step to run user code in containers. Standards after more experience.

Authentication and Authorization

  • Group Membership Service move to PR
    • it has two reference implementations: CADC and IA2
    • we need a validator
  • SSO version 1.2 needs to be discussed
    • Describe approach for obtaining token credentials (SSO)
    • Describe approach for validating token credentials (SSO)
    • Define an IVOA "Realm" and how it determines the scope of services for which a token is applicable. (SSO)
  • Credential Delegation protocol under discussion: introduce delegation based on token.
 

Registry WG

Operations:

  • Ongoing validation: check all registry contents for standards validation and consistency
  • Encourage takeup of altIdentifier information, especially DOIs, and consistent facility/instrument metadata, across publishing registries
  • Facilitate creation and updates of VOResource versions of standards records as we update the GitHub repository, and provide them to the Registry of Registries
Standards:
  • VODataService 1.2 through PR
  • SimpleDALRegExt 1.2: make PR, identify roadblocks with SSAP time series and work on additional reference implementations as required

Semantics WG

We will move Vocabularies in the VO 2 to PR in early January, followed by RFC. Probably in parallel, we will hold an RFC for the related PEN on the adoption of the UAT.

Together with Registry, we will then try to work out what needs to be done in terms of updates to VOResource 1.1 in order to clarify the use of the UAT in the Registry; at this point, we believe a largely explanatory erratum should do.

We will continue to maintain the vocabulary repository with possible RFCs; in particular, we expect the vocabularies on messengers and on data product types to move ahead with the definining standards (VODataService 1.2 and SimpleDALRegExt, respectively).

We would still like to move ahead with a vocabulary of object types, although no concrete plans exist at this point.

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

  • Tackle service validation failures:
    • Target: significantly improve service compliance reports compiled by Euro-VO/PADC by May 2021 Interop
    • Involve: validator operators + authors, service operators + authors
    • Joint activity with DAL
  • SoftID Note
    • Operational identification of (client/server) operational software in the VO
    • Note currently undergoing review
  • Continuing activities:
    • Monitor VO health
    • Curate list of validation tools (especially for new/revised standards)
    • Provide forum for discussion of operational activities
    • Participate in and give feedback on standards development in support of upcoming operational missions

Radio IG

Continuing work on implementation note, content gathering mostly complete, but needs to be tidied up.

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Time Domain IG

  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with DAL WG]
    • Work will progress to close issues
    • A new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • MOC-2.0 [in connection with Apps WG]
    • Need to adapt the 2 implementations to recent modifications
    • In WD, aimed for a RFC before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
    • Have a running meeting on this topic.
    • Draft a note to expose the elements before Spring 2021 Interop

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 142021-03-09 - MarkLacy

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications WG

Standards
  • MOC 2.0: Work towards standardizing Space-Time MOCs.
  • VOTable 1.5
    • Would love to demonstrate that a new minor version can be turned around fairly quickly.
    • Stimulate diiscussion of existing issues (https://github.com/ivoa-std/VOTable/issues).
    • Continue improving contributors' comfort level with the change process within github.
Changed:
<
<
  • Clean up applications WG wiki pages.
>
>
  • Clean up applications WG wiki pages.
 
    • Remove stale links
    • Ensure guidance on current work is up to date
Python
  • Continue to engage with Astropy community
  • Support open development in PyVO
  • Maintain votable parsing in Astropy core
    • Includes supporting VOTable 1.4
HiPS
  • With other WGs, discuss metadata and integration with other standards.
  • Continue to encourage HiPS providers to declare their services in the VO registry according to the HiPS Standard.

Data Access Layer WG

standards on the recommendation path

  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by begining of 2021
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Ongoing Standards

Other activities
  • Running a workshop to build a concensus on the model usage in the VO. The outcomes of this workshop might impact ongoing standards.

Grid and Web Services WG

Registry WG

Operations:

  • Ongoing validation: check all registry contents for standards validation and consistency
  • Encourage takeup of altIdentifier information, especially DOIs, and consistent facility/instrument metadata, across publishing registries
  • Facilitate creation and updates of VOResource versions of standards records as we update the GitHub repository, and provide them to the Registry of Registries
Standards:
  • VODataService 1.2 through PR
  • SimpleDALRegExt 1.2: make PR, identify roadblocks with SSAP time series and work on additional reference implementations as required

Semantics WG

We will move Vocabularies in the VO 2 to PR in early January, followed by RFC. Probably in parallel, we will hold an RFC for the related PEN on the adoption of the UAT.

Together with Registry, we will then try to work out what needs to be done in terms of updates to VOResource 1.1 in order to clarify the use of the UAT in the Registry; at this point, we believe a largely explanatory erratum should do.

We will continue to maintain the vocabulary repository with possible RFCs; in particular, we expect the vocabularies on messengers and on data product types to move ahead with the definining standards (VODataService 1.2 and SimpleDALRegExt, respectively).

We would still like to move ahead with a vocabulary of object types, although no concrete plans exist at this point.

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

  • Tackle service validation failures:
    • Target: significantly improve service compliance reports compiled by Euro-VO/PADC by May 2021 Interop
    • Involve: validator operators + authors, service operators + authors
    • Joint activity with DAL
Changed:
<
<
>
>
 
    • Operational identification of (client/server) operational software in the VO
    • Note currently undergoing review
  • Continuing activities:
    • Monitor VO health
    • Curate list of validation tools (especially for new/revised standards)
    • Provide forum for discussion of operational activities
    • Participate in and give feedback on standards development in support of upcoming operational missions

Radio IG

Added:
>
>
Continuing work on implementation note, content gathering mostly complete, but needs to be tidied up.
 

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Time Domain IG

  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with DAL WG]
    • Work will progress to close issues
    • A new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • MOC-2.0 [in connection with Apps WG]
    • Need to adapt the 2 implementations to recent modifications
    • In WD, aimed for a RFC before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
    • Have a running meeting on this topic.
    • Draft a note to expose the elements before Spring 2021 Interop

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 132021-03-09 - MarkTaylor

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications WG

Standards
  • MOC 2.0: Work towards standardizing Space-Time MOCs.
  • VOTable 1.5
    • Would love to demonstrate that a new minor version can be turned around fairly quickly.
    • Stimulate diiscussion of existing issues (https://github.com/ivoa-std/VOTable/issues).
    • Continue improving contributors' comfort level with the change process within github.
  • Clean up applications WG wiki pages.
    • Remove stale links
    • Ensure guidance on current work is up to date
Python
  • Continue to engage with Astropy community
  • Support open development in PyVO
  • Maintain votable parsing in Astropy core
    • Includes supporting VOTable 1.4
HiPS
  • With other WGs, discuss metadata and integration with other standards.
  • Continue to encourage HiPS providers to declare their services in the VO registry according to the HiPS Standard.

Data Access Layer WG

standards on the recommendation path

  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by begining of 2021
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Ongoing Standards

Other activities
  • Running a workshop to build a concensus on the model usage in the VO. The outcomes of this workshop might impact ongoing standards.

Grid and Web Services WG

Registry WG

Operations:

  • Ongoing validation: check all registry contents for standards validation and consistency
  • Encourage takeup of altIdentifier information, especially DOIs, and consistent facility/instrument metadata, across publishing registries
  • Facilitate creation and updates of VOResource versions of standards records as we update the GitHub repository, and provide them to the Registry of Registries
Standards:
  • VODataService 1.2 through PR
  • SimpleDALRegExt 1.2: make PR, identify roadblocks with SSAP time series and work on additional reference implementations as required

Semantics WG

We will move Vocabularies in the VO 2 to PR in early January, followed by RFC. Probably in parallel, we will hold an RFC for the related PEN on the adoption of the UAT.

Together with Registry, we will then try to work out what needs to be done in terms of updates to VOResource 1.1 in order to clarify the use of the UAT in the Registry; at this point, we believe a largely explanatory erratum should do.

We will continue to maintain the vocabulary repository with possible RFCs; in particular, we expect the vocabularies on messengers and on data product types to move ahead with the definining standards (VODataService 1.2 and SimpleDALRegExt, respectively).

We would still like to move ahead with a vocabulary of object types, although no concrete plans exist at this point.

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

  • Tackle service validation failures:
    • Target: significantly improve service compliance reports compiled by Euro-VO/PADC by May 2021 Interop
    • Involve: validator operators + authors, service operators + authors
    • Joint activity with DAL
Changed:
<
<
  • SoftID Note
>
>
 
    • Operational identification of (client/server) operational software in the VO
Changed:
<
<
    • Note currently undergiong review
>
>
    • Note currently undergoing review
 
  • Continuing activities:
    • Monitor VO health
    • Curate list of validation tools (especially for new/revised standards)
    • Provide forum for discussion of operational activities
    • Participate in and give feedback on standards development in support of upcoming operational missions

Radio IG

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Time Domain IG

  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with DAL WG]
    • Work will progress to close issues
    • A new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • MOC-2.0 [in connection with Apps WG]
    • Need to adapt the 2 implementations to recent modifications
    • In WD, aimed for a RFC before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
    • Have a running meeting on this topic.
    • Draft a note to expose the elements before Spring 2021 Interop

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 122021-03-05 - MarkTaylor

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications WG

Standards
  • MOC 2.0: Work towards standardizing Space-Time MOCs.
  • VOTable 1.5
    • Would love to demonstrate that a new minor version can be turned around fairly quickly.
    • Stimulate diiscussion of existing issues (https://github.com/ivoa-std/VOTable/issues).
    • Continue improving contributors' comfort level with the change process within github.
  • Clean up applications WG wiki pages.
    • Remove stale links
    • Ensure guidance on current work is up to date
Python
  • Continue to engage with Astropy community
  • Support open development in PyVO
  • Maintain votable parsing in Astropy core
    • Includes supporting VOTable 1.4
HiPS
  • With other WGs, discuss metadata and integration with other standards.
  • Continue to encourage HiPS providers to declare their services in the VO registry according to the HiPS Standard.

Data Access Layer WG

standards on the recommendation path

  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by begining of 2021
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Ongoing Standards

Other activities
  • Running a workshop to build a concensus on the model usage in the VO. The outcomes of this workshop might impact ongoing standards.

Grid and Web Services WG

Registry WG

Operations:

  • Ongoing validation: check all registry contents for standards validation and consistency
  • Encourage takeup of altIdentifier information, especially DOIs, and consistent facility/instrument metadata, across publishing registries
  • Facilitate creation and updates of VOResource versions of standards records as we update the GitHub repository, and provide them to the Registry of Registries
Standards:
  • VODataService 1.2 through PR
  • SimpleDALRegExt 1.2: make PR, identify roadblocks with SSAP time series and work on additional reference implementations as required

Semantics WG

We will move Vocabularies in the VO 2 to PR in early January, followed by RFC. Probably in parallel, we will hold an RFC for the related PEN on the adoption of the UAT.

Together with Registry, we will then try to work out what needs to be done in terms of updates to VOResource 1.1 in order to clarify the use of the UAT in the Registry; at this point, we believe a largely explanatory erratum should do.

We will continue to maintain the vocabulary repository with possible RFCs; in particular, we expect the vocabularies on messengers and on data product types to move ahead with the definining standards (VODataService 1.2 and SimpleDALRegExt, respectively).

We would still like to move ahead with a vocabulary of object types, although no concrete plans exist at this point.

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

  • Tackle service validation failures:
    • Target: significantly improve service compliance reports compiled by Euro-VO/PADC by May 2021 Interop
    • Involve: validator operators + authors, service operators + authors
    • Joint activity with DAL
Added:
>
>
  • SoftID Note
    • Operational identification of (client/server) operational software in the VO
    • Note currently undergiong review
 
  • Continuing activities:
    • Monitor VO health
    • Curate list of validation tools (especially for new/revised standards)
    • Provide forum for discussion of operational activities
    • Participate in and give feedback on standards development in support of upcoming operational missions

Radio IG

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Time Domain IG

  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with DAL WG]
    • Work will progress to close issues
    • A new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • MOC-2.0 [in connection with Apps WG]
    • Need to adapt the 2 implementations to recent modifications
    • In WD, aimed for a RFC before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
    • Have a running meeting on this topic.
    • Draft a note to expose the elements before Spring 2021 Interop

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 112021-02-22 - TomDonaldson

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications WG

Added:
>
>
Standards
  • MOC 2.0: Work towards standardizing Space-Time MOCs.
  • VOTable 1.5
    • Would love to demonstrate that a new minor version can be turned around fairly quickly.
    • Stimulate diiscussion of existing issues (https://github.com/ivoa-std/VOTable/issues).
    • Continue improving contributors' comfort level with the change process within github.
  • Clean up applications WG wiki pages.
    • Remove stale links
    • Ensure guidance on current work is up to date
Python
  • Continue to engage with Astropy community
  • Support open development in PyVO
  • Maintain votable parsing in Astropy core
    • Includes supporting VOTable 1.4
HiPS
  • With other WGs, discuss metadata and integration with other standards.
  • Continue to encourage HiPS providers to declare their services in the VO registry according to the HiPS Standard.
 

Data Access Layer WG

standards on the recommendation path

  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by begining of 2021
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Ongoing Standards

Other activities
  • Running a workshop to build a concensus on the model usage in the VO. The outcomes of this workshop might impact ongoing standards.

Grid and Web Services WG

Registry WG

Operations:

  • Ongoing validation: check all registry contents for standards validation and consistency
  • Encourage takeup of altIdentifier information, especially DOIs, and consistent facility/instrument metadata, across publishing registries
  • Facilitate creation and updates of VOResource versions of standards records as we update the GitHub repository, and provide them to the Registry of Registries
Standards:
  • VODataService 1.2 through PR
  • SimpleDALRegExt 1.2: make PR, identify roadblocks with SSAP time series and work on additional reference implementations as required

Semantics WG

We will move Vocabularies in the VO 2 to PR in early January, followed by RFC. Probably in parallel, we will hold an RFC for the related PEN on the adoption of the UAT.

Together with Registry, we will then try to work out what needs to be done in terms of updates to VOResource 1.1 in order to clarify the use of the UAT in the Registry; at this point, we believe a largely explanatory erratum should do.

We will continue to maintain the vocabulary repository with possible RFCs; in particular, we expect the vocabularies on messengers and on data product types to move ahead with the definining standards (VODataService 1.2 and SimpleDALRegExt, respectively).

We would still like to move ahead with a vocabulary of object types, although no concrete plans exist at this point.

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

  • Tackle service validation failures:
    • Target: significantly improve service compliance reports compiled by Euro-VO/PADC by May 2021 Interop
    • Involve: validator operators + authors, service operators + authors
    • Joint activity with DAL
  • Continuing activities:
    • Monitor VO health
    • Curate list of validation tools (especially for new/revised standards)
    • Provide forum for discussion of operational activities
    • Participate in and give feedback on standards development in support of upcoming operational missions

Radio IG

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Time Domain IG

  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with DAL WG]
    • Work will progress to close issues
    • A new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • MOC-2.0 [in connection with Apps WG]
    • Need to adapt the 2 implementations to recent modifications
    • In WD, aimed for a RFC before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
    • Have a running meeting on this topic.
    • Draft a note to expose the elements before Spring 2021 Interop

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 102021-01-04 - JesusSalgado

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications WG

Data Access Layer WG

standards on the recommendation path

  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
Changed:
<
<
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by XMas?
>
>
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by begining of 2021
 other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Ongoing Standards

Other activities
  • Running a workshop to build a concensus on the model usage in the VO. The outcomes of this workshop might impact ongoing standards.

Grid and Web Services WG

Registry WG

Operations:

  • Ongoing validation: check all registry contents for standards validation and consistency
  • Encourage takeup of altIdentifier information, especially DOIs, and consistent facility/instrument metadata, across publishing registries
  • Facilitate creation and updates of VOResource versions of standards records as we update the GitHub repository, and provide them to the Registry of Registries
Standards:
  • VODataService 1.2 through PR
  • SimpleDALRegExt 1.2: make PR, identify roadblocks with SSAP time series and work on additional reference implementations as required

Semantics WG

We will move Vocabularies in the VO 2 to PR in early January, followed by RFC. Probably in parallel, we will hold an RFC for the related PEN on the adoption of the UAT.

Together with Registry, we will then try to work out what needs to be done in terms of updates to VOResource 1.1 in order to clarify the use of the UAT in the Registry; at this point, we believe a largely explanatory erratum should do.

We will continue to maintain the vocabulary repository with possible RFCs; in particular, we expect the vocabularies on messengers and on data product types to move ahead with the definining standards (VODataService 1.2 and SimpleDALRegExt, respectively).

We would still like to move ahead with a vocabulary of object types, although no concrete plans exist at this point.

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

  • Tackle service validation failures:
    • Target: significantly improve service compliance reports compiled by Euro-VO/PADC by May 2021 Interop
    • Involve: validator operators + authors, service operators + authors
    • Joint activity with DAL
  • Continuing activities:
    • Monitor VO health
    • Curate list of validation tools (especially for new/revised standards)
    • Provide forum for discussion of operational activities
    • Participate in and give feedback on standards development in support of upcoming operational missions

Radio IG

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Time Domain IG

  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with DAL WG]
    • Work will progress to close issues
    • A new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • MOC-2.0 [in connection with Apps WG]
    • Need to adapt the 2 implementations to recent modifications
    • In WD, aimed for a RFC before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
    • Have a running meeting on this topic.
    • Draft a note to expose the elements before Spring 2021 Interop

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 92021-01-04 - LaurentMichel

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications WG

Data Access Layer WG

standards on the recommendation path

  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by XMas?
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Added:
>
>
Ongoing Standards Other activities
  • Running a workshop to build a concensus on the model usage in the VO. The outcomes of this workshop might impact ongoing standards.
 

Grid and Web Services WG

Registry WG

Operations:

  • Ongoing validation: check all registry contents for standards validation and consistency
  • Encourage takeup of altIdentifier information, especially DOIs, and consistent facility/instrument metadata, across publishing registries
  • Facilitate creation and updates of VOResource versions of standards records as we update the GitHub repository, and provide them to the Registry of Registries
Standards:
  • VODataService 1.2 through PR
  • SimpleDALRegExt 1.2: make PR, identify roadblocks with SSAP time series and work on additional reference implementations as required

Semantics WG

We will move Vocabularies in the VO 2 to PR in early January, followed by RFC. Probably in parallel, we will hold an RFC for the related PEN on the adoption of the UAT.

Together with Registry, we will then try to work out what needs to be done in terms of updates to VOResource 1.1 in order to clarify the use of the UAT in the Registry; at this point, we believe a largely explanatory erratum should do.

We will continue to maintain the vocabulary repository with possible RFCs; in particular, we expect the vocabularies on messengers and on data product types to move ahead with the definining standards (VODataService 1.2 and SimpleDALRegExt, respectively).

We would still like to move ahead with a vocabulary of object types, although no concrete plans exist at this point.

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

  • Tackle service validation failures:
    • Target: significantly improve service compliance reports compiled by Euro-VO/PADC by May 2021 Interop
    • Involve: validator operators + authors, service operators + authors
    • Joint activity with DAL
  • Continuing activities:
    • Monitor VO health
    • Curate list of validation tools (especially for new/revised standards)
    • Provide forum for discussion of operational activities
    • Participate in and give feedback on standards development in support of upcoming operational missions

Radio IG

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Time Domain IG

  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with DAL WG]
    • Work will progress to close issues
    • A new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • MOC-2.0 [in connection with Apps WG]
    • Need to adapt the 2 implementations to recent modifications
    • In WD, aimed for a RFC before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
    • Have a running meeting on this topic.
    • Draft a note to expose the elements before Spring 2021 Interop

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 82020-12-16 - SteveGroom

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications WG

Data Access Layer WG

standards on the recommendation path

  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by XMas?
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Grid and Web Services WG

Registry WG

Operations:

  • Ongoing validation: check all registry contents for standards validation and consistency
  • Encourage takeup of altIdentifier information, especially DOIs, and consistent facility/instrument metadata, across publishing registries
  • Facilitate creation and updates of VOResource versions of standards records as we update the GitHub repository, and provide them to the Registry of Registries
Standards:
  • VODataService 1.2 through PR
  • SimpleDALRegExt 1.2: make PR, identify roadblocks with SSAP time series and work on additional reference implementations as required

Semantics WG

We will move Vocabularies in the VO 2 to PR in early January, followed by RFC. Probably in parallel, we will hold an RFC for the related PEN on the adoption of the UAT.

Together with Registry, we will then try to work out what needs to be done in terms of updates to VOResource 1.1 in order to clarify the use of the UAT in the Registry; at this point, we believe a largely explanatory erratum should do.

We will continue to maintain the vocabulary repository with possible RFCs; in particular, we expect the vocabularies on messengers and on data product types to move ahead with the definining standards (VODataService 1.2 and SimpleDALRegExt, respectively).

We would still like to move ahead with a vocabulary of object types, although no concrete plans exist at this point.

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

  • Tackle service validation failures:
    • Target: significantly improve service compliance reports compiled by Euro-VO/PADC by May 2021 Interop
    • Involve: validator operators + authors, service operators + authors
    • Joint activity with DAL
  • Continuing activities:
    • Monitor VO health
    • Curate list of validation tools (especially for new/revised standards)
    • Provide forum for discussion of operational activities
Added:
>
>
    • Participate in and give feedback on standards development in support of upcoming operational missions
 

Radio IG

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Time Domain IG

  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with DAL WG]
    • Work will progress to close issues
    • A new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • MOC-2.0 [in connection with Apps WG]
    • Need to adapt the 2 implementations to recent modifications
    • In WD, aimed for a RFC before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
    • Have a running meeting on this topic.
    • Draft a note to expose the elements before Spring 2021 Interop

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 72020-12-15 - TheresaDower

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications WG

Data Access Layer WG

standards on the recommendation path

  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by XMas?
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Grid and Web Services WG

Registry WG

Added:
>
>
Operations:
  • Ongoing validation: check all registry contents for standards validation and consistency
  • Encourage takeup of altIdentifier information, especially DOIs, and consistent facility/instrument metadata, across publishing registries
  • Facilitate creation and updates of VOResource versions of standards records as we update the GitHub repository, and provide them to the Registry of Registries
Standards:
  • VODataService 1.2 through PR
  • SimpleDALRegExt 1.2: make PR, identify roadblocks with SSAP time series and work on additional reference implementations as required
 

Semantics WG

Changed:
<
<
We will move Vocabularies in the VO 2 to PR in early January, followed
>
>
We will move Vocabularies in the VO 2 to PR in early January, followed by RFC. Probably in parallel, we will hold an RFC for the related PEN on the adoption of the UAT.
Deleted:
<
<
by RFC. Probably in parallel, we will hold an RFC for the related PEN on the adoption of the UAT.
 
Changed:
<
<
Together with Registry, we will then try to work out what needs to be
>
>
Together with Registry, we will then try to work out what needs to be done in terms of updates to VOResource 1.1 in order to clarify the use of the UAT in the Registry; at this point, we believe a largely explanatory erratum should do.
Deleted:
<
<
done in terms of updates to VOResource 1.1 in order to clarify the use of the UAT in the Registry; at this point, we believe a largely explanatory erratum should do.
 
Changed:
<
<
We will continue to maintain the vocabulary repository with possible
>
>
We will continue to maintain the vocabulary repository with possible RFCs; in particular, we expect the vocabularies on messengers and on data product types to move ahead with the definining standards (VODataService 1.2 and SimpleDALRegExt, respectively).
Deleted:
<
<
RFCs; in particular, we expect the vocabularies on messengers and on data product types to move ahead with the definining standards (VODataService 1.2 and SimpleDALRegExt, respectively).
 
Changed:
<
<
We would still like to move ahead with a vocabulary of object types,
>
>
We would still like to move ahead with a vocabulary of object types, although no concrete plans exist at this point.
Deleted:
<
<
although no concrete plans exist at this point.
 

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

Changed:
<
<
  • Tackle service validation failures:
>
>
  • Tackle service validation failures:
 
    • Target: significantly improve service compliance reports compiled by Euro-VO/PADC by May 2021 Interop
    • Involve: validator operators + authors, service operators + authors
    • Joint activity with DAL
Changed:
<
<
  • Continuing activities:
>
>
  • Continuing activities:
 
    • Monitor VO health
    • Curate list of validation tools (especially for new/revised standards)
    • Provide forum for discussion of operational activities

Radio IG

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Time Domain IG

  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with DAL WG]
    • Work will progress to close issues
    • A new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • MOC-2.0 [in connection with Apps WG]
    • Need to adapt the 2 implementations to recent modifications
    • In WD, aimed for a RFC before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
    • Have a running meeting on this topic.
    • Draft a note to expose the elements before Spring 2021 Interop

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 62020-12-14 - MarkTaylor

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications WG

Data Access Layer WG

standards on the recommendation path

  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by XMas?
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Grid and Web Services WG

Registry WG

Semantics WG

We will move Vocabularies in the VO 2 to PR in early January, followed by RFC. Probably in parallel, we will hold an RFC for the related PEN on the adoption of the UAT.

Together with Registry, we will then try to work out what needs to be done in terms of updates to VOResource 1.1 in order to clarify the use of the UAT in the Registry; at this point, we believe a largely explanatory erratum should do.

We will continue to maintain the vocabulary repository with possible RFCs; in particular, we expect the vocabularies on messengers and on data product types to move ahead with the definining standards (VODataService 1.2 and SimpleDALRegExt, respectively).

We would still like to move ahead with a vocabulary of object types, although no concrete plans exist at this point.

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

Added:
>
>
  • Tackle service validation failures:
    • Target: significantly improve service compliance reports compiled by Euro-VO/PADC by May 2021 Interop
    • Involve: validator operators + authors, service operators + authors
    • Joint activity with DAL
  • Continuing activities:
    • Monitor VO health
    • Curate list of validation tools (especially for new/revised standards)
    • Provide forum for discussion of operational activities
 

Radio IG

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Time Domain IG

  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with DAL WG]
    • Work will progress to close issues
    • A new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • MOC-2.0 [in connection with Apps WG]
    • Need to adapt the 2 implementations to recent modifications
    • In WD, aimed for a RFC before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
    • Have a running meeting on this topic.
    • Draft a note to expose the elements before Spring 2021 Interop

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 52020-12-14 - MarkusDemleitner

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications WG

Data Access Layer WG

standards on the recommendation path

  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by XMas?
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Grid and Web Services WG

Registry WG

Semantics WG

Added:
>
>
We will move Vocabularies in the VO 2 to PR in early January, followed by RFC. Probably in parallel, we will hold an RFC for the related PEN on the adoption of the UAT.

Together with Registry, we will then try to work out what needs to be done in terms of updates to VOResource 1.1 in order to clarify the use of the UAT in the Registry; at this point, we believe a largely explanatory erratum should do.

We will continue to maintain the vocabulary repository with possible RFCs; in particular, we expect the vocabularies on messengers and on data product types to move ahead with the definining standards (VODataService 1.2 and SimpleDALRegExt, respectively).

We would still like to move ahead with a vocabulary of object types, although no concrete plans exist at this point.

 

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

Radio IG

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Time Domain IG

  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with DAL WG]
    • Work will progress to close issues
    • A new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • MOC-2.0 [in connection with Apps WG]
    • Need to adapt the 2 implementations to recent modifications
    • In WD, aimed for a RFC before Spring 2021 Interop
Changed:
<
<
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
>
>
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
 
    • Have a running meeting on this topic.
    • Draft a note to expose the elements before Spring 2021 Interop

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 42020-12-14 - AdaNebot

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications WG

Data Access Layer WG

standards on the recommendation path

  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by XMas?
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Grid and Web Services WG

Registry WG

Semantics WG

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

Radio IG

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Changed:
<
<

Time Domain

>
>

Time Domain IG

Added:
>
>
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with DAL WG]
    • Work will progress to close issues
    • A new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • MOC-2.0 [in connection with Apps WG]
    • Need to adapt the 2 implementations to recent modifications
    • In WD, aimed for a RFC before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObsCore extension for timeseries [in connection with DM WG]
    • Have a running meeting on this topic.
    • Draft a note to expose the elements before Spring 2021 Interop
 

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 32020-12-12 - ChenzhouCui

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"
Changed:
<
<

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

>
>

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

  This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Changed:
<
<

Applications WG

>
>

Applications WG

 

Data Access Layer WG

Added:
>
>
 standards on the recommendation path
  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by XMas?
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
Changed:
<
<
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
>
>
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
 
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion

Data Model WG

Grid and Web Services WG

Registry WG

Semantics WG

Data Curation Preservation IG

Changed:
<
<

Education IG

Knowledge Discovery IG

>
>

Education IG

  • Initiation of the partnership between the IVOA and IAU OAD
Added:
>
>
  • Co-organization of the IAUS367, “Education and Heritage in the Era of Big Data in Astronomy”

Knowledge Discovery IG

 

Operations IG

Changed:
<
<

Radio IG

>
>

Radio IG

 

Solar System IG

Changed:
<
<

Theory IG

Time Domain

>
>

Theory IG

Time Domain

 

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 22020-12-10 - MarcoMolinaro

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Changed:
<
<

Applications_WG

Data Access Layer WG
>
>

Applications WG

Data Access Layer WG

Added:
>
>
standards on the recommendation path
  • DataLink-1.1
    • WD progressing, new WD release (Q1-2021) after closing a few Pull Requests
      • this might set the line for v.1.1
    • further issues/features identified already for subsequent revision
  • ADQL-2.1
    • UDF Catalogue EN pending
    • issues progressing, a few to close before next Proposed REC (Q1 2021)
    • REC by/at Spring Interop
  • DALI-1.2
    • multipolygon still pending
    • otherwise ready for PRec+RFC (Q1-2021)
  • ConeSearch-1.1 [in connection with TD IG]
    • work will progress to close issues
    • a new WD before Spring 2021 Interop
  • ObjVisSAP
    • PR-1.0 nearly there (Q1-2021 at max)
    • implementations ready, RFC & REC should be possible by/at Spring Interop
  • ProvTAP
    • continues work towards mature WD status (by Spring Interop)
  • TAPRegExt [in connection with Registry WD]
    • started move to GitHub repo
    • WD release in Q1/Q2-2021
  • SIAP-2.0 / SODA-1.0
    • moving to GitHub repo (partly already there, including issues)
    • work on new WDs based on existing feedback (WDs by 2021 Spring Interop)
  • EPN-TAP [DM WG connection]
    • WD-2.0 ready for the community
    • progress depending on feedback
  • ObsLocTAP [managed by DM WG]
    • RFC for PR-1.0 should finish by end 2020, REC by XMas?
other standards & activities
  • SLAP-2.0 -> LineTAP solution
    • preliminary internal (to authors) WD
    • progress expected to be reported at Spring 2021 Interop
  • ProvSAP (idle)
  • Following Radio IG, TD IG activities for requirements
    • refer to the roadmaps of these IGs for details
  • Spectroscopy data access could potentially lead new revisions
  • file-oriented catalog data access: start of discussion
 

Data Model WG

Changed:
<
<

Grid_and_Web_Services_WG

>
>

Grid and Web Services WG

 

Registry WG

Changed:
<
<

Semantics WG

Data Curation Preservation IG

>
>

Semantics WG

Data Curation Preservation IG

 

Education IG

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

Radio IG

Changed:
<
<

Solar System IG

>
>

Solar System IG

 

Theory IG

Time Domain

Changed:
<
<

Standard and Processes

>
>

Standard and Processes

 

Science Priorities

<--  
-->

Revision 12020-12-09 - JanetEvans

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA Roadmap for 2020B

This outlines the roadmap for development activities by the various IVOA working and interest groups in 2020/2021 between the Nov and May Interops.


Applications_WG

Data Access Layer WG

Data Model WG

Grid_and_Web_Services_WG

Registry WG

Semantics WG

Data Curation Preservation IG

Education IG

Knowledge Discovery IG

Operations IG

Radio IG

Solar System IG

Theory IG

Time Domain

Standard and Processes

Science Priorities

<--  
-->
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback