Difference: InterOpMay2010Val (1 vs. 13)

Revision 132012-06-26 - root

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
    • (Mark Taylor, ...)
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Review of Past Discussions RayPlante 10m PDF
VAO Monitoring: an update TomMcGlynn 15m  

Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler, Arviset
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Applications Perspective MarkTaylor 15m PDF
Registry Curation + Discussion RayPlante 30m PDF; see also RegistryGuide, ServiceValidation
Validaters: an Update RayPlante 5m  
Toolkits: DALToolkit ChristopheArviset 5m PDF
Toolkits: CADC Pat Dowler 5m (see also his DAL presentation)
Toolkits: Saada LaurentMichel 5m Saada.pdf
Toolkits: DALServer DougTody 5m DALServer Framework

Notes:


META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274197956" name="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" size="182907" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274206987" name="validationIssues.pdf" path="validationIssues.pdf" size="1015075" user="TomMcGlynn" version="1.2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="v+v from apps perspective" date="1274198838" name="vv.pdf" path="vv.pdf" size="336949" user="MarkTaylor" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Saada keynotes" date="1274375666" name="Saada.pdf" path="Saada.pdf" size="1916294" user="LaurentMichel" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274388757" name="IVOAMay10VV2-CurationVal.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV2-CurationVal.pdf" size="148668" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274393345" name="20100520-DALToolkit_Osuna_VictoriaInterop.pdf" path="20100520-DALToolkit_Osuna_VictoriaInterop.pdf" size="334533" user="ChristopheArviset" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DALServer Framework" date="1274421687" name="dalserver.pdf" path="dalserver.pdf" size="87655" user="DougTody" version="1.1"

Revision 122010-05-21 - DougTody

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
    • (Mark Taylor, ...)
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Review of Past Discussions RayPlante 10m PDF
VAO Monitoring: an update TomMcGlynn 15m  

Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler, Arviset
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Applications Perspective MarkTaylor 15m PDF
Registry Curation + Discussion RayPlante 30m PDF; see also RegistryGuide, ServiceValidation
Validaters: an Update RayPlante 5m  
Toolkits: DALToolkit ChristopheArviset 5m PDF
Toolkits: CADC Pat Dowler 5m (see also his DAL presentation)
Toolkits: Saada LaurentMichel 5m Saada.pdf
Changed:
<
<
Toolkits: DALServer DougTody 5m  
>
>
Toolkits: DALServer DougTody 5m DALServer Framework
 

Notes:


<--  
-->

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274197956" name="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" size="182907" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274206987" name="validationIssues.pdf" path="validationIssues.pdf" size="1015075" user="TomMcGlynn" version="1.2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="v+v from apps perspective" date="1274198838" name="vv.pdf" path="vv.pdf" size="336949" user="MarkTaylor" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Saada keynotes" date="1274375666" name="Saada.pdf" path="Saada.pdf" size="1916294" user="LaurentMichel" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274388757" name="IVOAMay10VV2-CurationVal.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV2-CurationVal.pdf" size="148668" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274393345" name="20100520-DALToolkit_Osuna_VictoriaInterop.pdf" path="20100520-DALToolkit_Osuna_VictoriaInterop.pdf" size="334533" user="ChristopheArviset" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DALServer Framework" date="1274421687" name="dalserver.pdf" path="dalserver.pdf" size="87655" user="DougTody" version="1.1"
 

Revision 112010-05-20 - ChristopheArviset

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
    • (Mark Taylor, ...)
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Review of Past Discussions RayPlante 10m PDF
VAO Monitoring: an update TomMcGlynn 15m  

Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler, Arviset
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Applications Perspective MarkTaylor 15m PDF
Registry Curation + Discussion RayPlante 30m PDF; see also RegistryGuide, ServiceValidation
Validaters: an Update RayPlante 5m  
Changed:
<
<
Toolkits: DALToolkit ChristopheArviset 5m  
>
>
Toolkits: DALToolkit ChristopheArviset 5m PDF
 
Toolkits: CADC Pat Dowler 5m (see also his DAL presentation)
Toolkits: Saada LaurentMichel 5m Saada.pdf
Toolkits: DALServer DougTody 5m  

Notes:


<--  
-->

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274197956" name="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" size="182907" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274206987" name="validationIssues.pdf" path="validationIssues.pdf" size="1015075" user="TomMcGlynn" version="1.2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="v+v from apps perspective" date="1274198838" name="vv.pdf" path="vv.pdf" size="336949" user="MarkTaylor" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Saada keynotes" date="1274375666" name="Saada.pdf" path="Saada.pdf" size="1916294" user="LaurentMichel" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274388757" name="IVOAMay10VV2-CurationVal.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV2-CurationVal.pdf" size="148668" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274393345" name="20100520-DALToolkit_Osuna_VictoriaInterop.pdf" path="20100520-DALToolkit_Osuna_VictoriaInterop.pdf" size="334533" user="ChristopheArviset" version="1.1"
 

Revision 102010-05-20 - RayPlante

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
    • (Mark Taylor, ...)
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Review of Past Discussions RayPlante 10m PDF
VAO Monitoring: an update TomMcGlynn 15m  

Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler, Arviset
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Applications Perspective MarkTaylor 15m PDF
Changed:
<
<
Registry Curation + Discussion RayPlante 30m  
>
>
Registry Curation + Discussion RayPlante 30m PDF; see also RegistryGuide, ServiceValidation
 
Validaters: an Update RayPlante 5m  
Toolkits: DALToolkit ChristopheArviset 5m  
Toolkits: CADC Pat Dowler 5m (see also his DAL presentation)
Toolkits: Saada LaurentMichel 5m Saada.pdf
Toolkits: DALServer DougTody 5m  

Notes:


<--  
-->

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274197956" name="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" size="182907" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274206987" name="validationIssues.pdf" path="validationIssues.pdf" size="1015075" user="TomMcGlynn" version="1.2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="v+v from apps perspective" date="1274198838" name="vv.pdf" path="vv.pdf" size="336949" user="MarkTaylor" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Saada keynotes" date="1274375666" name="Saada.pdf" path="Saada.pdf" size="1916294" user="LaurentMichel" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274388757" name="IVOAMay10VV2-CurationVal.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV2-CurationVal.pdf" size="148668" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
 

Revision 92010-05-20 - RayPlante

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
    • (Mark Taylor, ...)
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Review of Past Discussions RayPlante 10m PDF
VAO Monitoring: an update TomMcGlynn 15m  
Deleted:
<
<
Applications Perspective MarkTaylor 15m PDF
  Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
Deleted:
<
<
      • data model validation (Mirelle?)
 
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler, Arviset
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Added:
>
>
Applications Perspective MarkTaylor 15m PDF
Registry Curation + Discussion RayPlante 30m  
Validaters: an Update RayPlante 5m  
Toolkits: DALToolkit ChristopheArviset 5m  
Toolkits: CADC Pat Dowler 5m (see also his DAL presentation)
Toolkits: Saada LaurentMichel 5m Saada.pdf
Toolkits: DALServer DougTody 5m  
 

Notes:


<--  
-->
Deleted:
<
<
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274197956" name="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" size="182907" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274206987" name="validationIssues.pdf" path="validationIssues.pdf" size="1015075" user="TomMcGlynn" version="1.2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="v+v from apps perspective" date="1274198838" name="vv.pdf" path="vv.pdf" size="336949" user="MarkTaylor" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Saada keynotes" date="1274375666" name="Saada.pdf" path="Saada.pdf" size="1916294" user="LaurentMichel" version="1.1"

Revision 82010-05-20 - LaurentMichel

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
    • (Mark Taylor, ...)
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Review of Past Discussions RayPlante 10m PDF
VAO Monitoring: an update TomMcGlynn 15m  
Applications Perspective MarkTaylor 15m PDF

Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
      • data model validation (Mirelle?)
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler, Arviset
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials

Notes:


<--  
-->
Added:
>
>
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274197956" name="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" size="182907" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274206987" name="validationIssues.pdf" path="validationIssues.pdf" size="1015075" user="TomMcGlynn" version="1.2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="v+v from apps perspective" date="1274198838" name="vv.pdf" path="vv.pdf" size="336949" user="MarkTaylor" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="Saada keynotes" date="1274375666" name="Saada.pdf" path="Saada.pdf" size="1916294" user="LaurentMichel" version="1.1"
 

Revision 72010-05-18 - TomMcGlynn

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
    • (Mark Taylor, ...)
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Review of Past Discussions RayPlante 10m PDF
VAO Monitoring: an update TomMcGlynn 15m  
Applications Perspective MarkTaylor 15m PDF

Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
      • data model validation (Mirelle?)
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler, Arviset
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials

Notes:


<--  
-->

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274197956" name="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" size="182907" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
Changed:
<
<
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274198318" name="validationIssues.pdf" path="validationIssues.pdf" size="1015441" user="TomMcGlynn" version="1.1"
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274206987" name="validationIssues.pdf" path="validationIssues.pdf" size="1015075" user="TomMcGlynn" version="1.2"
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="v+v from apps perspective" date="1274198838" name="vv.pdf" path="vv.pdf" size="336949" user="MarkTaylor" version="1.1"

Revision 62010-05-18 - MarkTaylor

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
    • (Mark Taylor, ...)
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Review of Past Discussions RayPlante 10m PDF
VAO Monitoring: an update TomMcGlynn 15m  
Added:
>
>
Applications Perspective MarkTaylor 15m PDF
  Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
      • data model validation (Mirelle?)
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler, Arviset
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials

Notes:


<--  
-->
Added:
>
>
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274197956" name="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" size="182907" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274198318" name="validationIssues.pdf" path="validationIssues.pdf" size="1015441" user="TomMcGlynn" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="v+v from apps perspective" date="1274198838" name="vv.pdf" path="vv.pdf" size="336949" user="MarkTaylor" version="1.1"
 

Revision 52010-05-18 - TomMcGlynn

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
    • (Mark Taylor, ...)
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Review of Past Discussions RayPlante 10m PDF
VAO Monitoring: an update TomMcGlynn 15m  

Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
      • data model validation (Mirelle?)
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler, Arviset
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials

Notes:


<--  
-->

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274197956" name="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" size="182907" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274198318" name="validationIssues.pdf" path="validationIssues.pdf" size="1015441" user="TomMcGlynn" version="1.1"
 

Revision 42010-05-18 - RayPlante

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
    • (Mark Taylor, ...)
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials
Added:
>
>
Review of Past Discussions RayPlante 10m PDF
VAO Monitoring: an update TomMcGlynn 15m  
 
Deleted:
<
<
 Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
      • data model validation (Mirelle?)
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler, Arviset
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials

Notes:


<--  
-->
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1274197956" name="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" path="IVOAMay10VV1-Review.pdf" size="182907" user="RayPlante" version="1.1"
 

Revision 32010-05-18 - RayPlante

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
    • (Mark Taylor, ...)
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials

Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
      • data model validation (Mirelle?)
Changed:
<
<
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler
>
>
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler, Arviset
 
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials

Notes:


<--  
-->

Revision 22010-05-17 - RayPlante

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
Changed:
<
<
    • (Mark Taylor, Pierre Ferenique?)
>
>
    • (Mark Taylor, ...)
 
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials

Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
      • data model validation (Mirelle?)
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials

Notes:


<--  
-->

Revision 12010-05-14 - RayPlante

 Jumps: IvoaResReg :: RofR :: SIA Validater :: ConeSearch Validater
Meetings: InterOpMay2010 :: InterOpNov2009Reg :: InterOpMay2009ResReg

Special Sessions on Validation and Verification at the May 2010 Interoperability Meeting

Session 1: Operations and Applications (Tuesday, 9am)

Draft Agenda:

  • Review: (15 min)
    • Ray: I could review discussions from fall (10 min)
    • Discussion Question: (5 min)
      1. Are past recommenations still relevent?
  • Operational Health: (45 min)
    • Tom: Update on service monitoring. (10-15 min)
    • Discussion (20-30 min)
  • Application development: (30 min)
    • (Mark Taylor, Pierre Ferenique?)
    • Discussion Questions: (20 min)
      1. Which issues of reliability/compliance give the greatest challenge to developers
      2. How can we ease these challenges?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials

Notes:

Session 2: Curation and Compliance (Thursday, 2pm)

Draft Agenda:

  • Registry Curation (45 min)
    • Ray: short summary of some past practices and recommendations (5 min)
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. What practices should projects invest in?
      2. What coordination is necessary?

  • Standards Compliance (45 min)
    • one or more short presentations on these topics:
      • status of validators? There hasn't been a lot of activity since fall; is there much to say here? (Ray could review where things are.)
      • data model validation (Mirelle?)
      • service toolkits: Michel, Tody, Dowler
    • Discuss Questions:
      1. Should we strengthen the role of validation in the standard process? If so, how?
      2. Where should projects invest? Toolkits? Documentation?

Topic Presenter Duration Materials

Notes:


<--  
-->
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback