Difference: InterOpSep2007GridAndWebServices (1 vs. 12)

Revision 122012-06-26 - root

 
META TOPICPARENT name="InterOpSep2007"

Agenda for GWS-WG sessions at Cambridge Interop meeting

Session 1: VOSpace 1.x

Thurs 27 Sept 11:30 - 13:00 Earth Science Meeting Room

There will an update on the status of VOSpace 1.0 and related activities, including how we register VOSpace properties, views and protocols. We also aim to discuss and resolve the outstanding issues for VOSpace 1.1.

From Beijing, we have:

  • Container level metadata - how to distinguish those that relate to the contents of the container through inheritance and those to the container itself
  • Generated names - vos://null does not work for containers so use ".auto" or "/" as an alternative
  • Typing of protocol and view parameters - these are currently designated as "string" but normal parameters are "URI"
  • ACL - although this forms part of a wider SSO context, should VOSpace have some notions of ACL control
  • Find - a equivalent to the Unix command is desired
  • It was decided to defer manipulation of state, e.g. in an asynchronous data transfer, to a later version of VOSpace

There has also been a request for functionality to allow the logical representation of underlying hardware through the VOSpace interface.

Finally we will try and coordinate the implementations of VOSpace on top of SRB/iRODS.

Links :

Changed:
<
<
>
>
 

Session 2: Security and asynchronous services

Fri 28 Sept 10:45 - 12:15 Hoyle Committee Room

There will be a brief update on the status of SSO Authentication mechanisms before a discussion on the new delegation protocol proposal. We will also review the status of UWS and UWS-PA, particularly in regard to data staging activities with the DAL-WG.

Presentations :

Basic Profile(s), André Schaaff

Links:

Changed:
<
<
>
>
 

Session 3: VOSI

Fri 28 Sept 13:15 - 14:45 Lecture Theatre

This will be a joint session with the DAL- and Registry-WG to discuss and explore cross WG opportunities and issues. Specifically we need to work out the roadmap for VOSI and getCapabilities as discussed in Beijing.

Links:

Changed:
<
<
>
>
 


META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1190965624" name="ivoa-delegation-0.1-slides.pdf" path="ivoa-delegation-0.1-slides.pdf" size="512484" user="GuyRixon" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1190969049" name="IVOA-BP-Cambridge.pdf" path="IVOA-BP-Cambridge.pdf" size="46132" user="AndreSchaaff" version="1.1"

Revision 112007-09-28 - AndreSchaaff

 
META TOPICPARENT name="InterOpSep2007"

Agenda for GWS-WG sessions at Cambridge Interop meeting

Session 1: VOSpace 1.x

Thurs 27 Sept 11:30 - 13:00 Earth Science Meeting Room

There will an update on the status of VOSpace 1.0 and related activities, including how we register VOSpace properties, views and protocols. We also aim to discuss and resolve the outstanding issues for VOSpace 1.1.

From Beijing, we have:

  • Container level metadata - how to distinguish those that relate to the contents of the container through inheritance and those to the container itself
  • Generated names - vos://null does not work for containers so use ".auto" or "/" as an alternative
  • Typing of protocol and view parameters - these are currently designated as "string" but normal parameters are "URI"
  • ACL - although this forms part of a wider SSO context, should VOSpace have some notions of ACL control
  • Find - a equivalent to the Unix command is desired
  • It was decided to defer manipulation of state, e.g. in an asynchronous data transfer, to a later version of VOSpace

There has also been a request for functionality to allow the logical representation of underlying hardware through the VOSpace interface.

Finally we will try and coordinate the implementations of VOSpace on top of SRB/iRODS.

Links :

Session 2: Security and asynchronous services

Fri 28 Sept 10:45 - 12:15 Hoyle Committee Room

There will be a brief update on the status of SSO Authentication mechanisms before a discussion on the new delegation protocol proposal. We will also review the status of UWS and UWS-PA, particularly in regard to data staging activities with the DAL-WG.

Presentations :

Basic Profile(s), André Schaaff

Links:

Session 3: VOSI

Fri 28 Sept 13:15 - 14:45 Lecture Theatre

This will be a joint session with the DAL- and Registry-WG to discuss and explore cross WG opportunities and issues. Specifically we need to work out the roadmap for VOSI and getCapabilities as discussed in Beijing.

Links:


<--  
-->
Deleted:
<
<
Basic Profile(s), André Schaaff
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1190965624" name="ivoa-delegation-0.1-slides.pdf" path="ivoa-delegation-0.1-slides.pdf" size="512484" user="GuyRixon" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1190969049" name="IVOA-BP-Cambridge.pdf" path="IVOA-BP-Cambridge.pdf" size="46132" user="AndreSchaaff" version="1.1"

Revision 102007-09-28 - AndreSchaaff

 
META TOPICPARENT name="InterOpSep2007"

Agenda for GWS-WG sessions at Cambridge Interop meeting

Session 1: VOSpace 1.x

Thurs 27 Sept 11:30 - 13:00 Earth Science Meeting Room

There will an update on the status of VOSpace 1.0 and related activities, including how we register VOSpace properties, views and protocols. We also aim to discuss and resolve the outstanding issues for VOSpace 1.1.

From Beijing, we have:

  • Container level metadata - how to distinguish those that relate to the contents of the container through inheritance and those to the container itself
  • Generated names - vos://null does not work for containers so use ".auto" or "/" as an alternative
  • Typing of protocol and view parameters - these are currently designated as "string" but normal parameters are "URI"
  • ACL - although this forms part of a wider SSO context, should VOSpace have some notions of ACL control
  • Find - a equivalent to the Unix command is desired
  • It was decided to defer manipulation of state, e.g. in an asynchronous data transfer, to a later version of VOSpace

There has also been a request for functionality to allow the logical representation of underlying hardware through the VOSpace interface.

Finally we will try and coordinate the implementations of VOSpace on top of SRB/iRODS.

Links :

Session 2: Security and asynchronous services

Fri 28 Sept 10:45 - 12:15 Hoyle Committee Room

There will be a brief update on the status of SSO Authentication mechanisms before a discussion on the new delegation protocol proposal. We will also review the status of UWS and UWS-PA, particularly in regard to data staging activities with the DAL-WG.

Added:
>
>
Presentations :

Basic Profile(s), André Schaaff

 Links:

Session 3: VOSI

Fri 28 Sept 13:15 - 14:45 Lecture Theatre

This will be a joint session with the DAL- and Registry-WG to discuss and explore cross WG opportunities and issues. Specifically we need to work out the roadmap for VOSI and getCapabilities as discussed in Beijing.

Links:


<--  
-->
Added:
>
>
Basic Profile(s), André Schaaff
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1190965624" name="ivoa-delegation-0.1-slides.pdf" path="ivoa-delegation-0.1-slides.pdf" size="512484" user="GuyRixon" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1190969049" name="IVOA-BP-Cambridge.pdf" path="IVOA-BP-Cambridge.pdf" size="46132" user="AndreSchaaff" version="1.1"
 

Revision 92007-09-28 - PaulHarrison

 
META TOPICPARENT name="InterOpSep2007"

Agenda for GWS-WG sessions at Cambridge Interop meeting

Session 1: VOSpace 1.x

Thurs 27 Sept 11:30 - 13:00 Earth Science Meeting Room

There will an update on the status of VOSpace 1.0 and related activities, including how we register VOSpace properties, views and protocols. We also aim to discuss and resolve the outstanding issues for VOSpace 1.1.

From Beijing, we have:

  • Container level metadata - how to distinguish those that relate to the contents of the container through inheritance and those to the container itself
  • Generated names - vos://null does not work for containers so use ".auto" or "/" as an alternative
  • Typing of protocol and view parameters - these are currently designated as "string" but normal parameters are "URI"
  • ACL - although this forms part of a wider SSO context, should VOSpace have some notions of ACL control
  • Find - a equivalent to the Unix command is desired
  • It was decided to defer manipulation of state, e.g. in an asynchronous data transfer, to a later version of VOSpace

There has also been a request for functionality to allow the logical representation of underlying hardware through the VOSpace interface.

Finally we will try and coordinate the implementations of VOSpace on top of SRB/iRODS.

Links :

Session 2: Security and asynchronous services

Fri 28 Sept 10:45 - 12:15 Hoyle Committee Room

There will be a brief update on the status of SSO Authentication mechanisms before a discussion on the new delegation protocol proposal. We will also review the status of UWS and UWS-PA, particularly in regard to data staging activities with the DAL-WG.

Links:

Added:
>
>
 

Session 3: VOSI

Fri 28 Sept 13:15 - 14:45 Lecture Theatre

This will be a joint session with the DAL- and Registry-WG to discuss and explore cross WG opportunities and issues. Specifically we need to work out the roadmap for VOSI and getCapabilities as discussed in Beijing.

Links:


<--  
-->

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1190965624" name="ivoa-delegation-0.1-slides.pdf" path="ivoa-delegation-0.1-slides.pdf" size="512484" user="GuyRixon" version="1.1"

Revision 82007-09-28 - GuyRixon

 
META TOPICPARENT name="InterOpSep2007"

Agenda for GWS-WG sessions at Cambridge Interop meeting

Session 1: VOSpace 1.x

Thurs 27 Sept 11:30 - 13:00 Earth Science Meeting Room

There will an update on the status of VOSpace 1.0 and related activities, including how we register VOSpace properties, views and protocols. We also aim to discuss and resolve the outstanding issues for VOSpace 1.1.

From Beijing, we have:

  • Container level metadata - how to distinguish those that relate to the contents of the container through inheritance and those to the container itself
  • Generated names - vos://null does not work for containers so use ".auto" or "/" as an alternative
  • Typing of protocol and view parameters - these are currently designated as "string" but normal parameters are "URI"
  • ACL - although this forms part of a wider SSO context, should VOSpace have some notions of ACL control
  • Find - a equivalent to the Unix command is desired
  • It was decided to defer manipulation of state, e.g. in an asynchronous data transfer, to a later version of VOSpace

There has also been a request for functionality to allow the logical representation of underlying hardware through the VOSpace interface.

Finally we will try and coordinate the implementations of VOSpace on top of SRB/iRODS.

Links :

Session 2: Security and asynchronous services

Fri 28 Sept 10:45 - 12:15 Hoyle Committee Room

There will be a brief update on the status of SSO Authentication mechanisms before a discussion on the new delegation protocol proposal. We will also review the status of UWS and UWS-PA, particularly in regard to data staging activities with the DAL-WG.

Links:

Session 3: VOSI

Fri 28 Sept 13:15 - 14:45 Lecture Theatre

This will be a joint session with the DAL- and Registry-WG to discuss and explore cross WG opportunities and issues. Specifically we need to work out the roadmap for VOSI and getCapabilities as discussed in Beijing.

Links:


<--  
-->
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="" date="1190965624" name="ivoa-delegation-0.1-slides.pdf" path="ivoa-delegation-0.1-slides.pdf" size="512484" user="GuyRixon" version="1.1"
 

Revision 72007-09-27 - PaulHarrison

 
META TOPICPARENT name="InterOpSep2007"

Agenda for GWS-WG sessions at Cambridge Interop meeting

Session 1: VOSpace 1.x

Thurs 27 Sept 11:30 - 13:00 Earth Science Meeting Room

There will an update on the status of VOSpace 1.0 and related activities, including how we register VOSpace properties, views and protocols. We also aim to discuss and resolve the outstanding issues for VOSpace 1.1.

From Beijing, we have:

  • Container level metadata - how to distinguish those that relate to the contents of the container through inheritance and those to the container itself
  • Generated names - vos://null does not work for containers so use ".auto" or "/" as an alternative
  • Typing of protocol and view parameters - these are currently designated as "string" but normal parameters are "URI"
  • ACL - although this forms part of a wider SSO context, should VOSpace have some notions of ACL control
  • Find - a equivalent to the Unix command is desired
  • It was decided to defer manipulation of state, e.g. in an asynchronous data transfer, to a later version of VOSpace

There has also been a request for functionality to allow the logical representation of underlying hardware through the VOSpace interface.

Finally we will try and coordinate the implementations of VOSpace on top of SRB/iRODS.

Links :

Added:
>
>
 

Session 2: Security and asynchronous services

Fri 28 Sept 10:45 - 12:15 Hoyle Committee Room

There will be a brief update on the status of SSO Authentication mechanisms before a discussion on the new delegation protocol proposal. We will also review the status of UWS and UWS-PA, particularly in regard to data staging activities with the DAL-WG.

Links:

Session 3: VOSI

Fri 28 Sept 13:15 - 14:45 Lecture Theatre

This will be a joint session with the DAL- and Registry-WG to discuss and explore cross WG opportunities and issues. Specifically we need to work out the roadmap for VOSI and getCapabilities as discussed in Beijing.

Links:


<--  
-->

Revision 62007-09-27 - MatthewGraham

 
META TOPICPARENT name="InterOpSep2007"

Agenda for GWS-WG sessions at Cambridge Interop meeting

Session 1: VOSpace 1.x

Thurs 27 Sept 11:30 - 13:00 Earth Science Meeting Room

There will an update on the status of VOSpace 1.0 and related activities, including how we register VOSpace properties, views and protocols. We also aim to discuss and resolve the outstanding issues for VOSpace 1.1.

From Beijing, we have:

  • Container level metadata - how to distinguish those that relate to the contents of the container through inheritance and those to the container itself
  • Generated names - vos://null does not work for containers so use ".auto" or "/" as an alternative
  • Typing of protocol and view parameters - these are currently designated as "string" but normal parameters are "URI"
  • ACL - although this forms part of a wider SSO context, should VOSpace have some notions of ACL control
  • Find - a equivalent to the Unix command is desired
  • It was decided to defer manipulation of state, e.g. in an asynchronous data transfer, to a later version of VOSpace

There has also been a request for functionality to allow the logical representation of underlying hardware through the VOSpace interface.

Added:
>
>
Finally we will try and coordinate the implementations of VOSpace on top of SRB/iRODS.
  Links :

Session 2: Security and asynchronous services

Fri 28 Sept 10:45 - 12:15 Hoyle Committee Room

There will be a brief update on the status of SSO Authentication mechanisms before a discussion on the new delegation protocol proposal. We will also review the status of UWS and UWS-PA, particularly in regard to data staging activities with the DAL-WG.

Links:

Session 3: VOSI

Fri 28 Sept 13:15 - 14:45 Lecture Theatre

This will be a joint session with the DAL- and Registry-WG to discuss and explore cross WG opportunities and issues. Specifically we need to work out the roadmap for VOSI and getCapabilities as discussed in Beijing.

Links:


<--  
-->

Revision 52007-09-05 - MatthewGraham

 
META TOPICPARENT name="InterOpSep2007"

Agenda for GWS-WG sessions at Cambridge Interop meeting

Session 1: VOSpace 1.x

Thurs 27 Sept 11:30 - 13:00 Earth Science Meeting Room

Changed:
<
<
There will a brief update on the status of VOSpace 1.0 and related activities but the main focus of this session will be to discuss and resolve the outstanding issues for VOSpace 1.1.
>
>
There will an update on the status of VOSpace 1.0 and related activities, including how we register VOSpace properties, views and protocols. We also aim to discuss and resolve the outstanding issues for VOSpace 1.1.
  From Beijing, we have:

  • Container level metadata - how to distinguish those that relate to the contents of the container through inheritance and those to the container itself
  • Generated names - vos://null does not work for containers so use ".auto" or "/" as an alternative
  • Typing of protocol and view parameters - these are currently designated as "string" but normal parameters are "URI"
  • ACL - although this forms part of a wider SSO context, should VOSpace have some notions of ACL control
  • Find - a equivalent to the Unix command is desired
  • It was decided to defer manipulation of state, e.g. in an asynchronous data transfer, to a later version of VOSpace

There has also been a request for functionality to allow the logical representation of underlying hardware through the VOSpace interface.

Links :

Session 2: Security and asynchronous services

Fri 28 Sept 10:45 - 12:15 Hoyle Committee Room

There will be a brief update on the status of SSO Authentication mechanisms before a discussion on the new delegation protocol proposal. We will also review the status of UWS and UWS-PA, particularly in regard to data staging activities with the DAL-WG.

Links:

Session 3: VOSI

Fri 28 Sept 13:15 - 14:45 Lecture Theatre

This will be a joint session with the DAL- and Registry-WG to discuss and explore cross WG opportunities and issues. Specifically we need to work out the roadmap for VOSI and getCapabilities as discussed in Beijing.

Links:


<--  
-->

Revision 42007-09-05 - MatthewGraham

 
META TOPICPARENT name="InterOpSep2007"
Deleted:
<
<
 

Agenda for GWS-WG sessions at Cambridge Interop meeting

Session 1: VOSpace 1.x

Thurs 27 Sept 11:30 - 13:00 Earth Science Meeting Room

There will a brief update on the status of VOSpace 1.0 and related activities but the main focus of this session will be to discuss and resolve the outstanding issues for VOSpace 1.1.

From Beijing, we have:

  • Container level metadata - how to distinguish those that relate to the contents of the container through inheritance and those to the container itself
  • Generated names - vos://null does not work for containers so use ".auto" or "/" as an alternative
  • Typing of protocol and view parameters - these are currently designated as "string" but normal parameters are "URI"
  • ACL - although this forms part of a wider SSO context, should VOSpace have some notions of ACL control
  • Find - a equivalent to the Unix command is desired
  • It was decided to defer manipulation of state, e.g. in an asynchronous data transfer, to a later version of VOSpace

There has also been a request for functionality to allow the logical representation of underlying hardware through the VOSpace interface.

Links :

Session 2: Security and asynchronous services

Changed:
<
<

Fri 28 Sept 10:00 - 11:30 Hoyle Committee Room

>
>

Fri 28 Sept 10:45 - 12:15 Hoyle Committee Room

  There will be a brief update on the status of SSO Authentication mechanisms before a discussion on the new delegation protocol proposal. We will also review the status of UWS and UWS-PA, particularly in regard to data staging activities with the DAL-WG.

Links:

Session 3: VOSI

Changed:
<
<

Fri 28 Sept 12:00 - 13:30 Lecture Theatre

>
>

Fri 28 Sept 13:15 - 14:45 Lecture Theatre

  This will be a joint session with the DAL- and Registry-WG to discuss and explore cross WG opportunities and issues. Specifically we need to work out the roadmap for VOSI and getCapabilities as discussed in Beijing.

Links:


<--  
-->

Revision 32007-09-05 - MatthewGraham

 
META TOPICPARENT name="InterOpSep2007"
Added:
>
>

Agenda for GWS-WG sessions at Cambridge Interop meeting

 
Added:
>
>

Session 1: VOSpace 1.x

Thurs 27 Sept 11:30 - 13:00 Earth Science Meeting Room

 
Added:
>
>
There will a brief update on the status of VOSpace 1.0 and related activities but the main focus of this session will be to discuss and resolve the outstanding issues for VOSpace 1.1.
 
Added:
>
>
From Beijing, we have:
 
Added:
>
>
  • Container level metadata - how to distinguish those that relate to the contents of the container through inheritance and those to the container itself
  • Generated names - vos://null does not work for containers so use ".auto" or "/" as an alternative
  • Typing of protocol and view parameters - these are currently designated as "string" but normal parameters are "URI"
  • ACL - although this forms part of a wider SSO context, should VOSpace have some notions of ACL control
  • Find - a equivalent to the Unix command is desired
  • It was decided to defer manipulation of state, e.g. in an asynchronous data transfer, to a later version of VOSpace
 
Added:
>
>
There has also been a request for functionality to allow the logical representation of underlying hardware through the VOSpace interface.
 
Added:
>
>
Links :
 
Added:
>
>

Session 2: Security and asynchronous services

Fri 28 Sept 10:00 - 11:30 Hoyle Committee Room

 
Added:
>
>
There will be a brief update on the status of SSO Authentication mechanisms before a discussion on the new delegation protocol proposal. We will also review the status of UWS and UWS-PA, particularly in regard to data staging activities with the DAL-WG.
 
Added:
>
>
Links:

Session 3: VOSI

Fri 28 Sept 12:00 - 13:30 Lecture Theatre

This will be a joint session with the DAL- and Registry-WG to discuss and explore cross WG opportunities and issues. Specifically we need to work out the roadmap for VOSI and getCapabilities as discussed in Beijing.

Links:

 
<--  
-->
Deleted:
<
<
Details of the Grid and Web Services Working Group session at the 2007 Fall Interop will be posted here soon. The likely topics covered will be:
  • VOSpace 1.1
  • SSO delegation and community/UAS services
  • UWS
  • VOSI
 

Revision 22007-07-17 - MatthewGraham

 
META TOPICPARENT name="InterOpSep2007"

Deleted:
<
<
 
<--  
-->
Changed:
<
<
Details of the Grid and Web Services Working Group session at the 2007 Fall Interop will be posted here soon.
>
>
Details of the Grid and Web Services Working Group session at the 2007 Fall Interop will be posted here soon. The likely topics covered will be:
Added:
>
>
  • VOSpace 1.1
  • SSO delegation and community/UAS services
  • UWS
  • VOSI
 

Revision 12007-07-02 - MatthewGraham

 
META TOPICPARENT name="InterOpSep2007"


<--  
-->
Details of the Grid and Web Services Working Group session at the 2007 Fall Interop will be posted here soon.
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback