Agenda for GWS-WG sessions at Cambridge Interop meeting

Session 1: VOSpace 1.x

Thurs 27 Sept 11:30 - 13:00 Earth Science Meeting Room

There will an update on the status of VOSpace 1.0 and related activities, including how we register VOSpace properties, views and protocols. We also aim to discuss and resolve the outstanding issues for VOSpace 1.1.

From Beijing, we have:

  • Container level metadata - how to distinguish those that relate to the contents of the container through inheritance and those to the container itself
  • Generated names - vos://null does not work for containers so use ".auto" or "/" as an alternative
  • Typing of protocol and view parameters - these are currently designated as "string" but normal parameters are "URI"
  • ACL - although this forms part of a wider SSO context, should VOSpace have some notions of ACL control
  • Find - a equivalent to the Unix command is desired
  • It was decided to defer manipulation of state, e.g. in an asynchronous data transfer, to a later version of VOSpace

There has also been a request for functionality to allow the logical representation of underlying hardware through the VOSpace interface.

Finally we will try and coordinate the implementations of VOSpace on top of SRB/iRODS.

Links :

Session 2: Security and asynchronous services

Fri 28 Sept 10:45 - 12:15 Hoyle Committee Room

There will be a brief update on the status of SSO Authentication mechanisms before a discussion on the new delegation protocol proposal. We will also review the status of UWS and UWS-PA, particularly in regard to data staging activities with the DAL-WG.

Presentations :

Basic Profile(s), André Schaaff

Links:

Session 3: VOSI

Fri 28 Sept 13:15 - 14:45 Lecture Theatre

This will be a joint session with the DAL- and Registry-WG to discuss and explore cross WG opportunities and issues. Specifically we need to work out the roadmap for VOSI and getCapabilities as discussed in Beijing.

Links:


Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
PDFpdf IVOA-BP-Cambridge.pdf manage 45.1 K 2007-09-28 - 08:44 AndreSchaaff  
PDFpdf ivoa-delegation-0.1-slides.pdf manage 500.5 K 2007-09-28 - 07:47 GuyRixon  
Topic revision: r11 - 2007-09-28 - AndreSchaaff
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2018 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback