Difference: IvoaTCG-2019-02-05 (1 vs. 13)

Revision 132019-02-07 - TheresaDower

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

last edit - Feb06 - JE

  • Feb 6 - Added meeting notes - JE

Attendees

Ada, Guiliano, Kai, Laurent, Pierre, Mark CD, Brian, Tom, Marco, Mirelle, Pat, Raffaele, Tim, Tom M, Tom D, Jim, Francesca, Mark A, Theresa, Christophe, Janet

Mtg notes added below: Added meeting discussion to agenda items in italics; added actions in red, added status to WG/IG sections below if not filled in prior to meeting (in italics) - anyone is welcome to update/correct. Add an update line in the section above with your initials.

Agenda

  • Regrets for not attending: C Cui, M Taylor, D Morris, A Schaaf
  • TCG Charter review:
    • Lots of new people, let’s remind ourselves of the key points of the charter. Pointer to the doc:
    • Discussion:
      • Section 2 Objectives are important
      • Some points in charter should be reviewed/updated:
        • Technical assessment has fallen off - evaluate
        • No mention of the CSP - review CSP charter
        • No mention of the Architecture Doc - evaluate
      • ** Action: JE/PD action to review and suggest updates to TCG charter, then follow through
  • Roadmap review 2018B:
  • Working Draft/PR/RFC Status/Outlook going forward
  • IVOA Architecture Document update status
    • Several standards on overview chart have incomplete status & haven't changed since 2010
    • Discussion: PD update on arch doc work
      • noted that he has converted the existing doc to ivoatex; no commits yet, working on the skeleton
      • Next step is to put it in Volute
      • There will be sections for each WG
      • Dispositions on the above list:
        • ApplicationRegExt (TD: revisit), ObsProvDM (MCD: Provenance work), Utypes (superceded by VOVML?), PQL (lost interest, branch of tap 1.0?), SimDAL (PD: ecomendation now), FAP (delete)
      • ** Action: PD/JE - kick off the effort Architecture doc effort and distribute tasks to team
  • Positions opening in May - Discussion: Agreed this is the list folkd expected
    • DataModel: Mark Cresitello-Dittmar - Ch (no ext.), Laurent Michel (no ext.)
    • GWS: Brian Major - Ch (no ext.), Giuliano Taffoni - VCh (no ext.)
    • Semantics: Mireille Louys - Ch (no ext.)
    • Theory: Carlos Rodrigo (I yr. ext.)
    • Ops: Tom McGlynn - Ch (no ext.), Mark Taylor (no ext.)
  • Review Actions
    • See list below
  • AOB

Roadmap

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published

Previous Actions:

  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases. OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document. DONE, Approved by Exec

New Actions

  • ActionT0219-1: JE/PD action to review and suggest updates to TCG charter, then follow through
  • ActionT0219-2: PD - send email to review and consider ObsCore/STC errata at next telecon
  • ActionT0219-3: MM - Ask Giulia to remove VOEvent/VODML from active column - DONE
Changed:
<
<
  • ActionT0219-4: TD - Identify people to rewrite VoEvent
>
>
  • ActionT0219-4: TD - Identify people to make VOEvent changes and rewrite VoEventRegExt,
 
  • ActionT0219-5: PD/JE - kick off the Architecture doc effort effort and distribute tasks to team
  • ActionT2019-6: PD/JE: Ask TCG to transfer links to new Publishing on the VO doc when time is right

Status:

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
  • Python - NAVO/AstroQuery workshop at AAS
  • Looking for VITable 1.4 comments asap
    • thanks to Markus, Ada, Mark T for helping move this forward
    • Timesys needs particular attention in review

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

Status:
  • TAP-1.1: progressing to new PR/RFC with agreement on authenticated endpoints solution, expected REC by/near Paris
    • implementations, client authenticated proof and validation ready
  • ADQL-2.1: xtype="region" solution identified, no clear deadline for RFC/REC
    • however path forward for DALI xtypes for polymorphism and complex shapes not yet agreed upon (need use case support/identification WRT tessellation/MOC)
  • DALI-1.2: foreseen revision, see DALI-1.1 Next page, but needs more discussion to reach agreement
  • DataLink-1.1: revision will start in a short while, report in Paris
  • (private communication from A. Micol) SODA-1.0 "typo-level?" erratum on UCD in the document (MM will issue in a few days)
  • re-check on SLAP-2.0, ObsLocTAP & ObjVisSAP with authors (no issues foreseen)
Issues:
  • Service Weather report on DAL protocol "SHOULD"s: collected data providers view, need to report (here, e.g.)
  • polygon CCW: modelling seems solved (errata in other WGs), data providers side, how to proceed?
Communications:
  • EU H2020 ASTERICS A&A Meeting in Trieste: helped in progressing the above, GWS may have more to say about.

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

Status:
  • Errata:
    • ObsCore-1.1 and STC-1.33 pages created and discussed.. ready for TCG vote.
  • Coords:
    • Document delivered to WG (Nov 30)
    • Some discussion and feedback from several members through Dec/Jan.
    • Have list of actions/changes to fold into a new draft (Feb)
  • Transform:
    • Worked this next to support collaborative project implementing the model
    • Have gotten review/feedback from extended author list - 8 new
    • Restored 'deleted' operation types; added workflow management objects.
    • On 'final' iterations for delivery to full WG (Feb)
  • Meas:
    • Opened discussion on Modeling Velocities (Dec)
    • Had some iteration with Arnold and Steve on the representations of Proper Motion and Radial Velocity.
    • Consideration of this leads to a probable change in the Coords model 'short-cuts', which is one of the action items there.
    • Markus has some other input on representing velocities (derivatives)
  • Prov:
    • assessment of compromise model on implementations raised several concerns
    • significant iteration and rework made during Dec to retain compromise model 'spirit' while minimizing the impact on implementations so their deadlines can be met.
    • New model diagram due soon.
  • SSDL-2.0
    • Volute space with WD and VO-DML products announced to working group today.
  • Time Domain
    • got Coords model feedback.
    • promised new Mapping serializations of all their example files; NOT DONE (resource issue)

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
  • Two errata on VOSI 1.1 in progress: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOSI-1_1-Errata
  • VOSI best practices note: initial content from Tom McGlynn
  • GWS Telecon on Jan 16, one more before Paris interop
  • Removal of UWSRegExt, solution found where it is not involved
  • Looking for recommendations on using OAuth from the command line
  • Looking at OAuth as a supported Credential Delegation mechanism
  • Group Membership Service: feedback received, document evolving. Second WD by May.
  • Science Platforms: encouraging communities to continue prototypes and looking for opportunities for standardization
Issues:
  • XML Schema Versioning - issues to be addressed

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
  • RegTAP 1.1 - working reference implmentation
  • VODataService 1.2 - working with TDIG (Henrik leading); present at Interop
  • Time Domain - plan to get in touch with folks
  • Operations - Validations

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
  • ML had no voice on telecon / See 2018B Roadmap

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
  • Working IVOA notes on DOI usage

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
  • Henrik noted they were planning a Intro to the IVOA session before the Interop
    • Review bascis - acronyms, standards, tutorial
    • Planning for Sunday afternoon - probably in parallel with TCG/Exec mtgs

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
  • No dedicated meeting at Fall Interop
  • Organizing one for upcoming meeting
    • Planning to present anntaion of projected spaces for spatial/temporal as an example

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
  • New Doc - Publishing in the VO - review and more feedback??
    • Working to complete draft for Spring Interop
    • PD notes that there will be a task to transfer linkss to tools/utilities from old to new page
  • Action: PD/JE: Ask TCG to transfer links to new Publishing on the VO doc when time is right

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
  • Handle STC for planetary coord systems - talk/discussion at next interop

IG/Theory (CR)

Status: not attending

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
  • TIMESYS
    • Note defining the metadata to characterise time proposing the TIMESYS element to be added to VOTable. NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
    • Worked together with Apps to add this TIMESYS element in VOTable 1.4. VOTable1.4 Draft
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open. This is done in Apps.
    • A minimum vocabulary needs to be set for the reference position. Action on AN through the TDIG and Semantics mailing lists.
  • Time Series model
    • The part of the model describing time is described by the Coordinates model (see Working draft) -- Feedback was given to DMGW on that.
  • Time Series serialisation
  • VOEvent:
Issues:
  • TIMESYS
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open.
    • How to get feedback from preference of data providers?
  • Time Series model & serialization
    • Dependance on other models slows the process.
    • Observed process for other models is not encouraging.
    • Understanding the limit between model and serialization is not straight forward. What goes where? Need to see both model and serializations to understand if all the information needed is existing somewhere.
    • Need to have some serialization examples based on VO-DML (at least first attempts). Who is doing that?
    • Serialization based on utypes: list of utypes needs to be built (last interop some mistakes were found) and shared with the TDIG.

Revision 122019-02-07 - JanetEvans

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

last edit - Feb06 - JE

  • Feb 6 - Added meeting notes - JE

Attendees

Ada, Guiliano, Kai, Laurent, Pierre, Mark CD, Brian, Tom, Marco, Mirelle, Pat, Raffaele, Tim, Tom M, Tom D, Jim, Francesca, Mark A, Theresa, Christophe, Janet

Mtg notes added below: Added meeting discussion to agenda items in italics; added actions in red, added status to WG/IG sections below if not filled in prior to meeting (in italics) - anyone is welcome to update/correct. Add an update line in the section above with your initials.

Agenda

Changed:
<
<
  • Regrets for not attending: M Taylor, D Morris, A Schaaf
>
>
  • Regrets for not attending: C Cui, M Taylor, D Morris, A Schaaf
 
  • TCG Charter review:
    • Lots of new people, let’s remind ourselves of the key points of the charter. Pointer to the doc:
    • Discussion:
      • Section 2 Objectives are important
      • Some points in charter should be reviewed/updated:
        • Technical assessment has fallen off - evaluate
        • No mention of the CSP - review CSP charter
        • No mention of the Architecture Doc - evaluate
      • ** Action: JE/PD action to review and suggest updates to TCG charter, then follow through
  • Roadmap review 2018B:
  • Working Draft/PR/RFC Status/Outlook going forward
  • IVOA Architecture Document update status
    • Several standards on overview chart have incomplete status & haven't changed since 2010
    • Discussion: PD update on arch doc work
      • noted that he has converted the existing doc to ivoatex; no commits yet, working on the skeleton
      • Next step is to put it in Volute
      • There will be sections for each WG
      • Dispositions on the above list:
        • ApplicationRegExt (TD: revisit), ObsProvDM (MCD: Provenance work), Utypes (superceded by VOVML?), PQL (lost interest, branch of tap 1.0?), SimDAL (PD: ecomendation now), FAP (delete)
      • ** Action: PD/JE - kick off the effort Architecture doc effort and distribute tasks to team
  • Positions opening in May - Discussion: Agreed this is the list folkd expected
    • DataModel: Mark Cresitello-Dittmar - Ch (no ext.), Laurent Michel (no ext.)
    • GWS: Brian Major - Ch (no ext.), Giuliano Taffoni - VCh (no ext.)
    • Semantics: Mireille Louys - Ch (no ext.)
    • Theory: Carlos Rodrigo (I yr. ext.)
    • Ops: Tom McGlynn - Ch (no ext.), Mark Taylor (no ext.)
  • Review Actions
    • See list below
  • AOB
Changed:
<
<

WebEx

>
>

Roadmap

Deleted:
<
<
IVOA TCG - Tues, Feb 05 @21:00 UTC

Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday (2/5) 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Meeting number: 857 098 649

Password: TCG2019

https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=m3b2749b528ffce9a919f64285e4f1a42

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 857 098 649

Roadmap

 

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published

Previous Actions:

  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases. OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document. DONE, Approved by Exec

New Actions

  • ActionT0219-1: JE/PD action to review and suggest updates to TCG charter, then follow through
  • ActionT0219-2: PD - send email to review and consider ObsCore/STC errata at next telecon
  • ActionT0219-3: MM - Ask Giulia to remove VOEvent/VODML from active column - DONE
  • ActionT0219-4: TD - Identify people to rewrite VoEvent
  • ActionT0219-5: PD/JE - kick off the Architecture doc effort effort and distribute tasks to team
  • ActionT2019-6: PD/JE: Ask TCG to transfer links to new Publishing on the VO doc when time is right

Status:

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
  • Python - NAVO/AstroQuery workshop at AAS
  • Looking for VITable 1.4 comments asap
    • thanks to Markus, Ada, Mark T for helping move this forward
    • Timesys needs particular attention in review

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

Status:
  • TAP-1.1: progressing to new PR/RFC with agreement on authenticated endpoints solution, expected REC by/near Paris
    • implementations, client authenticated proof and validation ready
  • ADQL-2.1: xtype="region" solution identified, no clear deadline for RFC/REC
    • however path forward for DALI xtypes for polymorphism and complex shapes not yet agreed upon (need use case support/identification WRT tessellation/MOC)
  • DALI-1.2: foreseen revision, see DALI-1.1 Next page, but needs more discussion to reach agreement
  • DataLink-1.1: revision will start in a short while, report in Paris
  • (private communication from A. Micol) SODA-1.0 "typo-level?" erratum on UCD in the document (MM will issue in a few days)
  • re-check on SLAP-2.0, ObsLocTAP & ObjVisSAP with authors (no issues foreseen)
Issues:
  • Service Weather report on DAL protocol "SHOULD"s: collected data providers view, need to report (here, e.g.)
  • polygon CCW: modelling seems solved (errata in other WGs), data providers side, how to proceed?
Communications:
  • EU H2020 ASTERICS A&A Meeting in Trieste: helped in progressing the above, GWS may have more to say about.

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

Status:
  • Errata:
    • ObsCore-1.1 and STC-1.33 pages created and discussed.. ready for TCG vote.
  • Coords:
    • Document delivered to WG (Nov 30)
    • Some discussion and feedback from several members through Dec/Jan.
    • Have list of actions/changes to fold into a new draft (Feb)
  • Transform:
    • Worked this next to support collaborative project implementing the model
    • Have gotten review/feedback from extended author list - 8 new
    • Restored 'deleted' operation types; added workflow management objects.
    • On 'final' iterations for delivery to full WG (Feb)
  • Meas:
    • Opened discussion on Modeling Velocities (Dec)
    • Had some iteration with Arnold and Steve on the representations of Proper Motion and Radial Velocity.
    • Consideration of this leads to a probable change in the Coords model 'short-cuts', which is one of the action items there.
    • Markus has some other input on representing velocities (derivatives)
  • Prov:
    • assessment of compromise model on implementations raised several concerns
    • significant iteration and rework made during Dec to retain compromise model 'spirit' while minimizing the impact on implementations so their deadlines can be met.
    • New model diagram due soon.
  • SSDL-2.0
    • Volute space with WD and VO-DML products announced to working group today.
  • Time Domain
    • got Coords model feedback.
    • promised new Mapping serializations of all their example files; NOT DONE (resource issue)

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
  • Two errata on VOSI 1.1 in progress: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOSI-1_1-Errata
  • VOSI best practices note: initial content from Tom McGlynn
  • GWS Telecon on Jan 16, one more before Paris interop
  • Removal of UWSRegExt, solution found where it is not involved
  • Looking for recommendations on using OAuth from the command line
  • Looking at OAuth as a supported Credential Delegation mechanism
  • Group Membership Service: feedback received, document evolving. Second WD by May.
  • Science Platforms: encouraging communities to continue prototypes and looking for opportunities for standardization
Issues:
  • XML Schema Versioning - issues to be addressed

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
  • RegTAP 1.1 - working reference implmentation
  • VODataService 1.2 - working with TDIG (Henrik leading); present at Interop
  • Time Domain - plan to get in touch with folks
  • Operations - Validations

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
  • ML had no voice on telecon / See 2018B Roadmap

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
  • Working IVOA notes on DOI usage

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
  • Henrik noted they were planning a Intro to the IVOA session before the Interop
    • Review bascis - acronyms, standards, tutorial
    • Planning for Sunday afternoon - probably in parallel with TCG/Exec mtgs

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
  • No dedicated meeting at Fall Interop
  • Organizing one for upcoming meeting
    • Planning to present anntaion of projected spaces for spatial/temporal as an example

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
  • New Doc - Publishing in the VO - review and more feedback??
    • Working to complete draft for Spring Interop
    • PD notes that there will be a task to transfer linkss to tools/utilities from old to new page
  • Action: PD/JE: Ask TCG to transfer links to new Publishing on the VO doc when time is right

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
  • Handle STC for planetary coord systems - talk/discussion at next interop

IG/Theory (CR)

Status: not attending

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
  • TIMESYS
    • Note defining the metadata to characterise time proposing the TIMESYS element to be added to VOTable. NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
    • Worked together with Apps to add this TIMESYS element in VOTable 1.4. VOTable1.4 Draft
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open. This is done in Apps.
    • A minimum vocabulary needs to be set for the reference position. Action on AN through the TDIG and Semantics mailing lists.
  • Time Series model
    • The part of the model describing time is described by the Coordinates model (see Working draft) -- Feedback was given to DMGW on that.
  • Time Series serialisation
  • VOEvent:
Issues:
  • TIMESYS
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open.
    • How to get feedback from preference of data providers?
  • Time Series model & serialization
    • Dependance on other models slows the process.
    • Observed process for other models is not encouraging.
    • Understanding the limit between model and serialization is not straight forward. What goes where? Need to see both model and serializations to understand if all the information needed is existing somewhere.
    • Need to have some serialization examples based on VO-DML (at least first attempts). Who is doing that?
    • Serialization based on utypes: list of utypes needs to be built (last interop some mistakes were found) and shared with the TDIG.

Revision 112019-02-06 - JanetEvans

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

Changed:
<
<

last edit - Feb05 - JE

>
>

last edit - Feb06 - JE

Added:
>
>
  • Feb 6 - Added meeting notes - JE

Attendees

Ada, Guiliano, Kai, Laurent, Pierre, Mark CD, Brian, Tom, Marco, Mirelle, Pat, Raffaele, Tim, Tom M, Tom D, Jim, Francesca, Mark A, Theresa, Christophe, Janet

Mtg notes added below: Added meeting discussion to agenda items in italics; added actions in red, added status to WG/IG sections below if not filled in prior to meeting (in italics) - anyone is welcome to update/correct. Add an update line in the section above with your initials.

 

Agenda

  • Regrets for not attending: M Taylor, D Morris, A Schaaf
  • TCG Charter review:
Changed:
<
<
    • Lots of new people, let’s remind ourselves of the key points of the charter. Please review ahead of meeting … we’ll have a short discussion:
>
>
    • Lots of new people, let’s remind ourselves of the key points of the charter. Pointer to the doc:
 
Changed:
<
<
>
>
    • Discussion:
      • Section 2 Objectives are important
      • Some points in charter should be reviewed/updated:
        • Technical assessment has fallen off - evaluate
        • No mention of the CSP - review CSP charter
        • No mention of the Architecture Doc - evaluate
      • ** Action: JE/PD action to review and suggest updates to TCG charter, then follow through
Added:
>
>
 
Added:
>
>
    • Discussion: Decided to review between now and next telecon and consider at that meeting (before May Interop)
    • ** Action: PD - send email to review and consider ObsCore/STC errata at next telecon
 
    • Few older docs ... Still in Process??
      • WG/DOC Status Last edit Editor
Changed:
<
<
      • DAL ADQL 2.1 (Prop Rec) Jan 2018 ?? D Morris
      • DAL VOEvent 2.0 (Rec) Mar 2017 ?? J Swinbank
      • DaM DatasetDM 1.0 (WD) Mar 2016 ?? MCD [Coord]
      • DaM NDimCubeDM 1.0 (WD) Mar 2015 ?? MCD [DataSet, STC models]
      • VOE VOEventRegExt 1.0 (WD) May 2014 ?? M Graham
>
>
      • DAL ADQL 2.1 (Prop Rec) Jan 2018 ?? D Morris -- Discussion: Still active (PD)
      • DAL VOEvent 2.0 (Rec) Mar 2017 ?? J Swinbank -- Discussion: Shouldn't be in list/also VODML
        • ** Action: MM - Ask Guilia to remove VOEvent/VODML from active column - DONE
      • DaM DatasetDM 1.0 (WD) Mar 2016 ?? MCD -- Discussion: MCD - Still active waiting Coord std
      • DaM NDimCubeDM 1.0 (WD) Mar 2015 ?? MCD -- Discussion: MCD - still active waiting DataSet & STC models
Added:
>
>
      • VOE VOEventRegExt 1.0 (WD) May 2014 ?? M Graham -- Discussion: Needs a rewrite (TD)
        • ** Action: TD - Identify people to rewrite VoEvent
 
  • IVOA Architecture Document update status
Changed:
<
<
    • Is the vision to update the 2010 doc to bring it to current or is a larger reorg envisioned?
    • Note that the diagrams have been maintained thru - May 2016; posted on TCG page
  • Positions opening in May - verify list (JE will draft)
>
>
    • Discussion: PD update on arch doc work
      • noted that he has converted the existing doc to ivoatex; no commits yet, working on the skeleton
      • Next step is to put it in Volute
Added:
>
>
      • There will be sections for each WG
      • Dispositions on the above list:
        • ApplicationRegExt (TD: revisit), ObsProvDM (MCD: Provenance work), Utypes (superceded by VOVML?), PQL (lost interest, branch of tap 1.0?), SimDAL (PD: ecomendation now), FAP (delete)
      • ** Action: PD/JE - kick off the effort Architecture doc effort and distribute tasks to team
  • Positions opening in May - Discussion: Agreed this is the list folkd expected
 
    • DataModel: Mark Cresitello-Dittmar - Ch (no ext.), Laurent Michel (no ext.)
    • GWS: Brian Major - Ch (no ext.), Giuliano Taffoni - VCh (no ext.)
    • Semantics: Mireille Louys - Ch (no ext.)
    • Theory: Carlos Rodrigo (I yr. ext.)
    • Ops: Tom McGlynn - Ch (no ext.), Mark Taylor (no ext.)
Changed:
<
<
  • Reiew Actions
>
>
  • Review Actions
Added:
>
>
    • See list below
 
  • AOB

WebEx

IVOA TCG - Tues, Feb 05 @21:00 UTC

Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday (2/5) 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Meeting number: 857 098 649

Password: TCG2019

https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=m3b2749b528ffce9a919f64285e4f1a42

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 857 098 649

Roadmap

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published
Changed:
<
<

Actions:

>
>

Previous Actions:

 
Changed:
<
<
  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). - OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases.- OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. - WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document - HOLD
>
>
  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases. OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document. DONE, Approved by Exec
Added:
>
>

New Actions

  • ActionT0219-1: JE/PD action to review and suggest updates to TCG charter, then follow through
  • ActionT0219-2: PD - send email to review and consider ObsCore/STC errata at next telecon
  • ActionT0219-3: MM - Ask Giulia to remove VOEvent/VODML from active column - DONE
  • ActionT0219-4: TD - Identify people to rewrite VoEvent
  • ActionT0219-5: PD/JE - kick off the Architecture doc effort effort and distribute tasks to team
  • ActionT2019-6: PD/JE: Ask TCG to transfer links to new Publishing on the VO doc when time is right
 
Changed:
<
<

Status

>
>

Status:

 

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
Changed:
<
<
Issues:
>
>
  • Python - NAVO/AstroQuery workshop at AAS
  • Looking for VITable 1.4 comments asap
Added:
>
>
    • thanks to Markus, Ada, Mark T for helping move this forward
    • Timesys needs particular attention in review
 

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

Status:
  • TAP-1.1: progressing to new PR/RFC with agreement on authenticated endpoints solution, expected REC by/near Paris
    • implementations, client authenticated proof and validation ready
  • ADQL-2.1: xtype="region" solution identified, no clear deadline for RFC/REC
    • however path forward for DALI xtypes for polymorphism and complex shapes not yet agreed upon (need use case support/identification WRT tessellation/MOC)
  • DALI-1.2: foreseen revision, see DALI-1.1 Next page, but needs more discussion to reach agreement
  • DataLink-1.1: revision will start in a short while, report in Paris
  • (private communication from A. Micol) SODA-1.0 "typo-level?" erratum on UCD in the document (MM will issue in a few days)
  • re-check on SLAP-2.0, ObsLocTAP & ObjVisSAP with authors (no issues foreseen)
Issues:
  • Service Weather report on DAL protocol "SHOULD"s: collected data providers view, need to report (here, e.g.)
  • polygon CCW: modelling seems solved (errata in other WGs), data providers side, how to proceed?
Communications:
  • EU H2020 ASTERICS A&A Meeting in Trieste: helped in progressing the above, GWS may have more to say about.

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

Status:
  • Errata:
    • ObsCore-1.1 and STC-1.33 pages created and discussed.. ready for TCG vote.
  • Coords:
    • Document delivered to WG (Nov 30)
    • Some discussion and feedback from several members through Dec/Jan.
    • Have list of actions/changes to fold into a new draft (Feb)
  • Transform:
    • Worked this next to support collaborative project implementing the model
    • Have gotten review/feedback from extended author list - 8 new
    • Restored 'deleted' operation types; added workflow management objects.
    • On 'final' iterations for delivery to full WG (Feb)
  • Meas:
    • Opened discussion on Modeling Velocities (Dec)
    • Had some iteration with Arnold and Steve on the representations of Proper Motion and Radial Velocity.
    • Consideration of this leads to a probable change in the Coords model 'short-cuts', which is one of the action items there.
    • Markus has some other input on representing velocities (derivatives)
  • Prov:
    • assessment of compromise model on implementations raised several concerns
    • significant iteration and rework made during Dec to retain compromise model 'spirit' while minimizing the impact on implementations so their deadlines can be met.
    • New model diagram due soon.
  • SSDL-2.0
    • Volute space with WD and VO-DML products announced to working group today.
  • Time Domain
    • got Coords model feedback.
    • promised new Mapping serializations of all their example files; NOT DONE (resource issue)
Deleted:
<
<
Issues:
 

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
  • Two errata on VOSI 1.1 in progress: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOSI-1_1-Errata
  • VOSI best practices note: initial content from Tom McGlynn
  • GWS Telecon on Jan 16, one more before Paris interop
  • Removal of UWSRegExt, solution found where it is not involved
  • Looking for recommendations on using OAuth from the command line
  • Looking at OAuth as a supported Credential Delegation mechanism
Changed:
<
<
  • Group Membership Service: feedback received, document evolving. Second WD by May.
>
>
  • Group Membership Service: feedback received, document evolving. Second WD by May.
 
  • Science Platforms: encouraging communities to continue prototypes and looking for opportunities for standardization
Issues:
  • XML Schema Versioning - issues to be addressed

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
Changed:
<
<
Issues:
>
>
  • RegTAP 1.1 - working reference implmentation
Added:
>
>
  • VODataService 1.2 - working with TDIG (Henrik leading); present at Interop
  • Time Domain - plan to get in touch with folks
  • Operations - Validations
 

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
Changed:
<
<
Issues:
>
>
  • ML had no voice on telecon / See 2018B Roadmap
 

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
Changed:
<
<
Issues:
>
>
  • Working IVOA notes on DOI usage
 

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
Changed:
<
<
Issues:
>
>
  • Henrik noted they were planning a Intro to the IVOA session before the Interop
Added:
>
>
    • Review bascis - acronyms, standards, tutorial
    • Planning for Sunday afternoon - probably in parallel with TCG/Exec mtgs
 

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
Changed:
<
<
Issues:
>
>
  • No dedicated meeting at Fall Interop
Added:
>
>
  • Organizing one for upcoming meeting
    • Planning to present anntaion of projected spaces for spatial/temporal as an example
 

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
Changed:
<
<
Issues:
>
>
  • New Doc - Publishing in the VO - review and more feedback??
Added:
>
>
    • Working to complete draft for Spring Interop
    • PD notes that there will be a task to transfer linkss to tools/utilities from old to new page
  • Action: PD/JE: Ask TCG to transfer links to new Publishing on the VO doc when time is right
 

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
Changed:
<
<
Issues:
>
>
  • Handle STC for planetary coord systems - talk/discussion at next interop
 

IG/Theory (CR)

Changed:
<
<
Status:
>
>
Status: not attending
Deleted:
<
<
Issues:
 

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
  • TIMESYS
    • Note defining the metadata to characterise time proposing the TIMESYS element to be added to VOTable. NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
    • Worked together with Apps to add this TIMESYS element in VOTable 1.4. VOTable1.4 Draft
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open. This is done in Apps.
    • A minimum vocabulary needs to be set for the reference position. Action on AN through the TDIG and Semantics mailing lists.
  • Time Series model
    • The part of the model describing time is described by the Coordinates model (see Working draft) -- Feedback was given to DMGW on that.
  • Time Series serialisation
  • VOEvent:
Issues:
  • TIMESYS
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open.
    • How to get feedback from preference of data providers?
  • Time Series model & serialization
    • Dependance on other models slows the process.
    • Observed process for other models is not encouraging.
    • Understanding the limit between model and serialization is not straight forward. What goes where? Need to see both model and serializations to understand if all the information needed is existing somewhere.
    • Need to have some serialization examples based on VO-DML (at least first attempts). Who is doing that?
    • Serialization based on utypes: list of utypes needs to be built (last interop some mistakes were found) and shared with the TDIG.

Revision 102019-02-05 - BrianMajor

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

last edit - Feb05 - JE

Agenda

WebEx

IVOA TCG - Tues, Feb 05 @21:00 UTC

Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday (2/5) 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Meeting number: 857 098 649

Password: TCG2019

https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=m3b2749b528ffce9a919f64285e4f1a42

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 857 098 649

Roadmap

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published

Actions:

  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). - OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases.- OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. - WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document - HOLD

Status

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
Issues:

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

Status:
  • TAP-1.1: progressing to new PR/RFC with agreement on authenticated endpoints solution, expected REC by/near Paris
    • implementations, client authenticated proof and validation ready
  • ADQL-2.1: xtype="region" solution identified, no clear deadline for RFC/REC
    • however path forward for DALI xtypes for polymorphism and complex shapes not yet agreed upon (need use case support/identification WRT tessellation/MOC)
  • DALI-1.2: foreseen revision, see DALI-1.1 Next page, but needs more discussion to reach agreement
  • DataLink-1.1: revision will start in a short while, report in Paris
  • (private communication from A. Micol) SODA-1.0 "typo-level?" erratum on UCD in the document (MM will issue in a few days)
  • re-check on SLAP-2.0, ObsLocTAP & ObjVisSAP with authors (no issues foreseen)
Issues:
  • Service Weather report on DAL protocol "SHOULD"s: collected data providers view, need to report (here, e.g.)
  • polygon CCW: modelling seems solved (errata in other WGs), data providers side, how to proceed?
Communications:
  • EU H2020 ASTERICS A&A Meeting in Trieste: helped in progressing the above, GWS may have more to say about.

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

Status:
  • Errata:
    • ObsCore-1.1 and STC-1.33 pages created and discussed.. ready for TCG vote.
  • Coords:
    • Document delivered to WG (Nov 30)
    • Some discussion and feedback from several members through Dec/Jan.
    • Have list of actions/changes to fold into a new draft (Feb)
  • Transform:
    • Worked this next to support collaborative project implementing the model
    • Have gotten review/feedback from extended author list - 8 new
    • Restored 'deleted' operation types; added workflow management objects.
    • On 'final' iterations for delivery to full WG (Feb)
  • Meas:
    • Opened discussion on Modeling Velocities (Dec)
    • Had some iteration with Arnold and Steve on the representations of Proper Motion and Radial Velocity.
    • Consideration of this leads to a probable change in the Coords model 'short-cuts', which is one of the action items there.
    • Markus has some other input on representing velocities (derivatives)
  • Prov:
    • assessment of compromise model on implementations raised several concerns
    • significant iteration and rework made during Dec to retain compromise model 'spirit' while minimizing the impact on implementations so their deadlines can be met.
    • New model diagram due soon.
  • SSDL-2.0
    • Volute space with WD and VO-DML products announced to working group today.
  • Time Domain
    • got Coords model feedback.
    • promised new Mapping serializations of all their example files; NOT DONE (resource issue)
Issues:

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
Added:
>
>
  • Two errata on VOSI 1.1 in progress: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/VOSI-1_1-Errata
  • VOSI best practices note: initial content from Tom McGlynn
  • GWS Telecon on Jan 16, one more before Paris interop
  • Removal of UWSRegExt, solution found where it is not involved
  • Looking for recommendations on using OAuth from the command line
  • Looking at OAuth as a supported Credential Delegation mechanism
  • Group Membership Service: feedback received, document evolving. Second WD by May.
  • Science Platforms: encouraging communities to continue prototypes and looking for opportunities for standardization
 
Issues:
Added:
>
>
  • XML Schema Versioning - issues to be addressed
 

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
Issues:

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Theory (CR)

Status:
Issues:

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
  • TIMESYS
    • Note defining the metadata to characterise time proposing the TIMESYS element to be added to VOTable. NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
    • Worked together with Apps to add this TIMESYS element in VOTable 1.4. VOTable1.4 Draft
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open. This is done in Apps.
    • A minimum vocabulary needs to be set for the reference position. Action on AN through the TDIG and Semantics mailing lists.
  • Time Series model
    • The part of the model describing time is described by the Coordinates model (see Working draft) -- Feedback was given to DMGW on that.
  • Time Series serialisation
  • VOEvent:
Issues:
  • TIMESYS
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open.
    • How to get feedback from preference of data providers?
  • Time Series model & serialization
    • Dependance on other models slows the process.
    • Observed process for other models is not encouraging.
    • Understanding the limit between model and serialization is not straight forward. What goes where? Need to see both model and serializations to understand if all the information needed is existing somewhere.
    • Need to have some serialization examples based on VO-DML (at least first attempts). Who is doing that?
    • Serialization based on utypes: list of utypes needs to be built (last interop some mistakes were found) and shared with the TDIG.

Revision 92019-02-05 - JanetEvans

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

Changed:
<
<

last edit - Feb01 - JE

Draft Agenda

>
>

last edit - Feb05 - JE

Agenda

 
  • Regrets for not attending: M Taylor, D Morris, A Schaaf
  • TCG Charter review:
Changed:
<
<
>
>
Added:
>
>
 
Deleted:
<
<
    • Few older docs ... Still in Process??
      • DAL ADQL 2.1 (Prop Rec) Jan 2018 ?? D Morris
      • DAL VOEvent 2.0 (Rec) Mar 2017 ?? J Swinbank
      • DaM DatasetDM 1.0 (WD) Mar 2016 ?? MCD [Coord]
      • DaM NDimCubeDM 1.0 (WD) Mar 2015 ?? MCD [DataSet, STC models]
      • VOE VOEventRegExt 1.0 May 2014 ?? M Graham
 
Added:
>
>
    • Few older docs ... Still in Process??
      • WG/DOC Status Last edit Editor
      • DAL ADQL 2.1 (Prop Rec) Jan 2018 ?? D Morris
      • DAL VOEvent 2.0 (Rec) Mar 2017 ?? J Swinbank
      • DaM DatasetDM 1.0 (WD) Mar 2016 ?? MCD [Coord]
      • DaM NDimCubeDM 1.0 (WD) Mar 2015 ?? MCD [DataSet, STC models]
      • VOE VOEventRegExt 1.0 (WD) May 2014 ?? M Graham
 
  • IVOA Architecture Document update status
Changed:
<
<
>
>
    • Several standards on overview chart have incomplete status & haven't changed since 2010
Added:
>
>
    • Is the vision to update the 2010 doc to bring it to current or is a larger reorg envisioned?
    • Note that the diagrams have been maintained thru - May 2016; posted on TCG page
 
  • Positions opening in May - verify list (JE will draft)
    • DataModel: Mark Cresitello-Dittmar - Ch (no ext.), Laurent Michel (no ext.)
    • GWS: Brian Major - Ch (no ext.), Giuliano Taffoni - VCh (no ext.)
    • Semantics: Mireille Louys - Ch (no ext.)
    • Theory: Carlos Rodrigo (I yr. ext.)
Changed:
<
<
    • Ops: T om McGlynn - Ch (no ext.), Mark Taylor (no ext.)
>
>
    • Ops: Tom McGlynn - Ch (no ext.), Mark Taylor (no ext.)
Added:
>
>
  • Reiew Actions
 
  • AOB

WebEx

IVOA TCG - Tues, Feb 05 @21:00 UTC

Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday (2/5) 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Meeting number: 857 098 649

Password: TCG2019

https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=m3b2749b528ffce9a919f64285e4f1a42

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 857 098 649

Roadmap

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published

Actions:

  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). - OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases.- OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. - WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document - HOLD

Status

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
Issues:

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

Status:
  • TAP-1.1: progressing to new PR/RFC with agreement on authenticated endpoints solution, expected REC by/near Paris
    • implementations, client authenticated proof and validation ready
  • ADQL-2.1: xtype="region" solution identified, no clear deadline for RFC/REC
    • however path forward for DALI xtypes for polymorphism and complex shapes not yet agreed upon (need use case support/identification WRT tessellation/MOC)
  • DALI-1.2: foreseen revision, see DALI-1.1 Next page, but needs more discussion to reach agreement
  • DataLink-1.1: revision will start in a short while, report in Paris
  • (private communication from A. Micol) SODA-1.0 "typo-level?" erratum on UCD in the document (MM will issue in a few days)
  • re-check on SLAP-2.0, ObsLocTAP & ObjVisSAP with authors (no issues foreseen)
Issues:
  • Service Weather report on DAL protocol "SHOULD"s: collected data providers view, need to report (here, e.g.)
  • polygon CCW: modelling seems solved (errata in other WGs), data providers side, how to proceed?
Communications:
  • EU H2020 ASTERICS A&A Meeting in Trieste: helped in progressing the above, GWS may have more to say about.

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

Status:
  • Errata:
    • ObsCore-1.1 and STC-1.33 pages created and discussed.. ready for TCG vote.
  • Coords:
    • Document delivered to WG (Nov 30)
    • Some discussion and feedback from several members through Dec/Jan.
    • Have list of actions/changes to fold into a new draft (Feb)
  • Transform:
    • Worked this next to support collaborative project implementing the model
    • Have gotten review/feedback from extended author list - 8 new
    • Restored 'deleted' operation types; added workflow management objects.
    • On 'final' iterations for delivery to full WG (Feb)
  • Meas:
    • Opened discussion on Modeling Velocities (Dec)
    • Had some iteration with Arnold and Steve on the representations of Proper Motion and Radial Velocity.
    • Consideration of this leads to a probable change in the Coords model 'short-cuts', which is one of the action items there.
    • Markus has some other input on representing velocities (derivatives)
  • Prov:
    • assessment of compromise model on implementations raised several concerns
    • significant iteration and rework made during Dec to retain compromise model 'spirit' while minimizing the impact on implementations so their deadlines can be met.
    • New model diagram due soon.
  • SSDL-2.0
    • Volute space with WD and VO-DML products announced to working group today.
  • Time Domain
    • got Coords model feedback.
    • promised new Mapping serializations of all their example files; NOT DONE (resource issue)
Issues:

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
Issues:

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Theory (CR)

Status:
Issues:

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
  • TIMESYS
    • Note defining the metadata to characterise time proposing the TIMESYS element to be added to VOTable. NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
    • Worked together with Apps to add this TIMESYS element in VOTable 1.4. VOTable1.4 Draft
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open. This is done in Apps.
    • A minimum vocabulary needs to be set for the reference position. Action on AN through the TDIG and Semantics mailing lists.
  • Time Series model
    • The part of the model describing time is described by the Coordinates model (see Working draft) -- Feedback was given to DMGW on that.
  • Time Series serialisation
  • VOEvent:
Issues:
  • TIMESYS
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open.
    • How to get feedback from preference of data providers?
  • Time Series model & serialization
    • Dependance on other models slows the process.
    • Observed process for other models is not encouraging.
    • Understanding the limit between model and serialization is not straight forward. What goes where? Need to see both model and serializations to understand if all the information needed is existing somewhere.
    • Need to have some serialization examples based on VO-DML (at least first attempts). Who is doing that?
    • Serialization based on utypes: list of utypes needs to be built (last interop some mistakes were found) and shared with the TDIG.

Revision 82019-02-05 - AdaNebot

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

last edit - Feb01 - JE

Draft Agenda

Changed:
<
<
    • Few older docs ... Still in Process??
>
>
    • Few older docs ... Still in Process??
 

WebEx

IVOA TCG - Tues, Feb 05 @21:00 UTC

Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday (2/5) 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Meeting number: 857 098 649

Password: TCG2019

https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=m3b2749b528ffce9a919f64285e4f1a42

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 857 098 649

Roadmap

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published

Actions:

  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). - OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases.- OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. - WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document - HOLD

Status

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
Issues:

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

Status:
  • TAP-1.1: progressing to new PR/RFC with agreement on authenticated endpoints solution, expected REC by/near Paris
    • implementations, client authenticated proof and validation ready
  • ADQL-2.1: xtype="region" solution identified, no clear deadline for RFC/REC
    • however path forward for DALI xtypes for polymorphism and complex shapes not yet agreed upon (need use case support/identification WRT tessellation/MOC)
  • DALI-1.2: foreseen revision, see DALI-1.1 Next page, but needs more discussion to reach agreement
  • DataLink-1.1: revision will start in a short while, report in Paris
  • (private communication from A. Micol) SODA-1.0 "typo-level?" erratum on UCD in the document (MM will issue in a few days)
  • re-check on SLAP-2.0, ObsLocTAP & ObjVisSAP with authors (no issues foreseen)
Issues:
  • Service Weather report on DAL protocol "SHOULD"s: collected data providers view, need to report (here, e.g.)
  • polygon CCW: modelling seems solved (errata in other WGs), data providers side, how to proceed?
Communications:
  • EU H2020 ASTERICS A&A Meeting in Trieste: helped in progressing the above, GWS may have more to say about.

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

Status:
  • Errata:
    • ObsCore-1.1 and STC-1.33 pages created and discussed.. ready for TCG vote.
  • Coords:
    • Document delivered to WG (Nov 30)
    • Some discussion and feedback from several members through Dec/Jan.
    • Have list of actions/changes to fold into a new draft (Feb)
  • Transform:
    • Worked this next to support collaborative project implementing the model
    • Have gotten review/feedback from extended author list - 8 new
    • Restored 'deleted' operation types; added workflow management objects.
    • On 'final' iterations for delivery to full WG (Feb)
  • Meas:
    • Opened discussion on Modeling Velocities (Dec)
    • Had some iteration with Arnold and Steve on the representations of Proper Motion and Radial Velocity.
    • Consideration of this leads to a probable change in the Coords model 'short-cuts', which is one of the action items there.
    • Markus has some other input on representing velocities (derivatives)
  • Prov:
    • assessment of compromise model on implementations raised several concerns
    • significant iteration and rework made during Dec to retain compromise model 'spirit' while minimizing the impact on implementations so their deadlines can be met.
    • New model diagram due soon.
  • SSDL-2.0
    • Volute space with WD and VO-DML products announced to working group today.
  • Time Domain
    • got Coords model feedback.
    • promised new Mapping serializations of all their example files; NOT DONE (resource issue)
Issues:

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
Issues:

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Theory (CR)

Status:
Issues:

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
Changed:
<
<
    • Worked together with Apps to add this TIMESYS element in VOTable 1.4. [[http://www.ivoa.net/documents/VOTable/20190131/][VOTable1.4 Draft]
>
>
    • Worked together with Apps to add this TIMESYS element in VOTable 1.4. VOTable1.4 Draft
 
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open. This is done in Apps.
    • A minimum vocabulary needs to be set for the reference position. Action on AN through the TDIG and Semantics mailing lists.
  • Time Series model
    • The part of the model describing time is described by the Coordinates model (see Working draft) -- Feedback was given to DMGW on that.
  • Time Series serialisation
  • VOEvent:
Issues:
  • TIMESYS
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open.
    • How to get feedback from preference of data providers?
  • Time Series model & serialization
    • Dependance on other models slows the process.
    • Observed process for other models is not encouraging.
    • Understanding the limit between model and serialization is not straight forward. What goes where? Need to see both model and serializations to understand if all the information needed is existing somewhere.
    • Need to have some serialization examples based on VO-DML (at least first attempts). Who is doing that?
    • Serialization based on utypes: list of utypes needs to be built (last interop some mistakes were found) and shared with the TDIG.

Revision 72019-02-05 - JanetEvans

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

last edit - Feb01 - JE

Draft Agenda

Added:
>
>
  • Regrets for not attending: M Taylor, D Morris, A Schaaf
 
Added:
>
>
 
  • Working Draft/PR/RFC Status/Outlook going forward
Changed:
<
<
    • Review current table and get disposition
    • Review what’s coming in short term and what’s having problems progressing
    • Review what you think is the priority based on input
>
>
Added:
>
>
      • DAL VOEvent 2.0 (Rec) Mar 2017 ?? J Swinbank
      • DaM DatasetDM 1.0 (WD) Mar 2016 ?? MCD [Coord]
      • DaM NDimCubeDM 1.0 (WD) Mar 2015 ?? MCD [DataSet, STC models]
      • VOE VOEventRegExt 1.0 May 2014 ?? M Graham
 
    • 3 open errata to consider : (Laurent Michel)
Changed:
<
<
>
>
 
Changed:
<
<
>
>
Added:
>
>
    • DataModel: Mark Cresitello-Dittmar - Ch (no ext.), Laurent Michel (no ext.)
    • GWS: Brian Major - Ch (no ext.), Giuliano Taffoni - VCh (no ext.)
    • Semantics: Mireille Louys - Ch (no ext.)
    • Theory: Carlos Rodrigo (I yr. ext.)
    • Ops: T om McGlynn - Ch (no ext.), Mark Taylor (no ext.)
 
  • AOB

WebEx

IVOA TCG - Tues, Feb 05 @21:00 UTC

Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday (2/5) 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Meeting number: 857 098 649

Password: TCG2019

https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=m3b2749b528ffce9a919f64285e4f1a42

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 857 098 649

Roadmap

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published

Actions:

  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). - OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases.- OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. - WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document - HOLD

Status

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
Issues:

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

Status:
  • TAP-1.1: progressing to new PR/RFC with agreement on authenticated endpoints solution, expected REC by/near Paris
    • implementations, client authenticated proof and validation ready
  • ADQL-2.1: xtype="region" solution identified, no clear deadline for RFC/REC
    • however path forward for DALI xtypes for polymorphism and complex shapes not yet agreed upon (need use case support/identification WRT tessellation/MOC)
  • DALI-1.2: foreseen revision, see DALI-1.1 Next page, but needs more discussion to reach agreement
  • DataLink-1.1: revision will start in a short while, report in Paris
  • (private communication from A. Micol) SODA-1.0 "typo-level?" erratum on UCD in the document (MM will issue in a few days)
  • re-check on SLAP-2.0, ObsLocTAP & ObjVisSAP with authors (no issues foreseen)
Issues:
  • Service Weather report on DAL protocol "SHOULD"s: collected data providers view, need to report (here, e.g.)
  • polygon CCW: modelling seems solved (errata in other WGs), data providers side, how to proceed?
Communications:
  • EU H2020 ASTERICS A&A Meeting in Trieste: helped in progressing the above, GWS may have more to say about.

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

Status:
  • Errata:
    • ObsCore-1.1 and STC-1.33 pages created and discussed.. ready for TCG vote.
Changed:
<
<
  • Coords:
>
>
  • Coords:
 
    • Document delivered to WG (Nov 30)
    • Some discussion and feedback from several members through Dec/Jan.
    • Have list of actions/changes to fold into a new draft (Feb)
Changed:
<
<
  • Transform:
>
>
  • Transform:
 
    • Worked this next to support collaborative project implementing the model
    • Have gotten review/feedback from extended author list - 8 new
    • Restored 'deleted' operation types; added workflow management objects.
    • On 'final' iterations for delivery to full WG (Feb)
Changed:
<
<
  • Meas:
>
>
  • Meas:
 
    • Opened discussion on Modeling Velocities (Dec)
    • Had some iteration with Arnold and Steve on the representations of Proper Motion and Radial Velocity.
    • Consideration of this leads to a probable change in the Coords model 'short-cuts', which is one of the action items there.
    • Markus has some other input on representing velocities (derivatives)
Changed:
<
<
  • Prov:
>
>
  • Prov:
 
    • assessment of compromise model on implementations raised several concerns
    • significant iteration and rework made during Dec to retain compromise model 'spirit' while minimizing the impact on implementations so their deadlines can be met.
    • New model diagram due soon.
Changed:
<
<
  • SSDL-2.0
>
>
  • SSDL-2.0
 
    • Volute space with WD and VO-DML products announced to working group today.
Changed:
<
<
  • Time Domain
>
>
  • Time Domain
 
    • got Coords model feedback.
    • promised new Mapping serializations of all their example files; NOT DONE (resource issue)
Issues:

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
Issues:

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Theory (CR)

Status:
Issues:

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
  • TIMESYS
    • Note defining the metadata to characterise time proposing the TIMESYS element to be added to VOTable. NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
    • Worked together with Apps to add this TIMESYS element in VOTable 1.4. [[http://www.ivoa.net/documents/VOTable/20190131/][VOTable1.4 Draft]
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open. This is done in Apps.
    • A minimum vocabulary needs to be set for the reference position. Action on AN through the TDIG and Semantics mailing lists.
  • Time Series model
    • The part of the model describing time is described by the Coordinates model (see Working draft) -- Feedback was given to DMGW on that.
  • Time Series serialisation
  • VOEvent:
Issues:
  • TIMESYS
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open.
    • How to get feedback from preference of data providers?
  • Time Series model & serialization
    • Dependance on other models slows the process.
    • Observed process for other models is not encouraging.
    • Understanding the limit between model and serialization is not straight forward. What goes where? Need to see both model and serializations to understand if all the information needed is existing somewhere.
    • Need to have some serialization examples based on VO-DML (at least first attempts). Who is doing that?
    • Serialization based on utypes: list of utypes needs to be built (last interop some mistakes were found) and shared with the TDIG.

Revision 62019-02-05 - MarkCresitelloDittmar

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

last edit - Feb01 - JE

Draft Agenda

Changed:
<
<
>
>
Added:
>
>
 

WebEx

IVOA TCG - Tues, Feb 05 @21:00 UTC

Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday (2/5) 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Meeting number: 857 098 649

Password: TCG2019

https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=m3b2749b528ffce9a919f64285e4f1a42

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 857 098 649

Roadmap

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published

Actions:

  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). - OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases.- OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. - WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document - HOLD

Status

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
Issues:

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

Status:
  • TAP-1.1: progressing to new PR/RFC with agreement on authenticated endpoints solution, expected REC by/near Paris
    • implementations, client authenticated proof and validation ready
  • ADQL-2.1: xtype="region" solution identified, no clear deadline for RFC/REC
    • however path forward for DALI xtypes for polymorphism and complex shapes not yet agreed upon (need use case support/identification WRT tessellation/MOC)
  • DALI-1.2: foreseen revision, see DALI-1.1 Next page, but needs more discussion to reach agreement
  • DataLink-1.1: revision will start in a short while, report in Paris
  • (private communication from A. Micol) SODA-1.0 "typo-level?" erratum on UCD in the document (MM will issue in a few days)
  • re-check on SLAP-2.0, ObsLocTAP & ObjVisSAP with authors (no issues foreseen)
Issues:
  • Service Weather report on DAL protocol "SHOULD"s: collected data providers view, need to report (here, e.g.)
  • polygon CCW: modelling seems solved (errata in other WGs), data providers side, how to proceed?
Communications:
  • EU H2020 ASTERICS A&A Meeting in Trieste: helped in progressing the above, GWS may have more to say about.

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

Status:
Added:
>
>
  • Errata:
    • ObsCore-1.1 and STC-1.33 pages created and discussed.. ready for TCG vote.
  • Coords:
    • Document delivered to WG (Nov 30)
    • Some discussion and feedback from several members through Dec/Jan.
    • Have list of actions/changes to fold into a new draft (Feb)
  • Transform:
    • Worked this next to support collaborative project implementing the model
    • Have gotten review/feedback from extended author list - 8 new
    • Restored 'deleted' operation types; added workflow management objects.
    • On 'final' iterations for delivery to full WG (Feb)
  • Meas:
    • Opened discussion on Modeling Velocities (Dec)
    • Had some iteration with Arnold and Steve on the representations of Proper Motion and Radial Velocity.
    • Consideration of this leads to a probable change in the Coords model 'short-cuts', which is one of the action items there.
    • Markus has some other input on representing velocities (derivatives)
  • Prov:
    • assessment of compromise model on implementations raised several concerns
    • significant iteration and rework made during Dec to retain compromise model 'spirit' while minimizing the impact on implementations so their deadlines can be met.
    • New model diagram due soon.
  • SSDL-2.0
    • Volute space with WD and VO-DML products announced to working group today.
  • Time Domain
    • got Coords model feedback.
    • promised new Mapping serializations of all their example files; NOT DONE (resource issue)
 
Issues:

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
Issues:

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Theory (CR)

Status:
Issues:

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
  • TIMESYS
    • Note defining the metadata to characterise time proposing the TIMESYS element to be added to VOTable. NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
    • Worked together with Apps to add this TIMESYS element in VOTable 1.4. [[http://www.ivoa.net/documents/VOTable/20190131/][VOTable1.4 Draft]
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open. This is done in Apps.
    • A minimum vocabulary needs to be set for the reference position. Action on AN through the TDIG and Semantics mailing lists.
  • Time Series model
    • The part of the model describing time is described by the Coordinates model (see Working draft) -- Feedback was given to DMGW on that.
  • Time Series serialisation
  • VOEvent:
Issues:
  • TIMESYS
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open.
    • How to get feedback from preference of data providers?
  • Time Series model & serialization
    • Dependance on other models slows the process.
    • Observed process for other models is not encouraging.
    • Understanding the limit between model and serialization is not straight forward. What goes where? Need to see both model and serializations to understand if all the information needed is existing somewhere.
    • Need to have some serialization examples based on VO-DML (at least first attempts). Who is doing that?
    • Serialization based on utypes: list of utypes needs to be built (last interop some mistakes were found) and shared with the TDIG.

Revision 52019-02-05 - AdaNebot

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

last edit - Feb01 - JE

Draft Agenda

WebEx

IVOA TCG - Tues, Feb 05 @21:00 UTC

Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday (2/5) 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Meeting number: 857 098 649

Password: TCG2019

https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=m3b2749b528ffce9a919f64285e4f1a42

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 857 098 649

Roadmap

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published

Actions:

  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). - OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases.- OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. - WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document - HOLD

Status

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
Issues:

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

Status:
  • TAP-1.1: progressing to new PR/RFC with agreement on authenticated endpoints solution, expected REC by/near Paris
    • implementations, client authenticated proof and validation ready
  • ADQL-2.1: xtype="region" solution identified, no clear deadline for RFC/REC
    • however path forward for DALI xtypes for polymorphism and complex shapes not yet agreed upon (need use case support/identification WRT tessellation/MOC)
  • DALI-1.2: foreseen revision, see DALI-1.1 Next page, but needs more discussion to reach agreement
  • DataLink-1.1: revision will start in a short while, report in Paris
  • (private communication from A. Micol) SODA-1.0 "typo-level?" erratum on UCD in the document (MM will issue in a few days)
  • re-check on SLAP-2.0, ObsLocTAP & ObjVisSAP with authors (no issues foreseen)
Issues:
  • Service Weather report on DAL protocol "SHOULD"s: collected data providers view, need to report (here, e.g.)
  • polygon CCW: modelling seems solved (errata in other WGs), data providers side, how to proceed?
Communications:
  • EU H2020 ASTERICS A&A Meeting in Trieste: helped in progressing the above, GWS may have more to say about.

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

Status:
Issues:

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
Issues:

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Theory (CR)

Status:
Issues:

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
Changed:
<
<
    • Worked together with Apps to add this TIMESYS element in VOTable 1.4. Draft sent on 01.02.2019.
>
>
    • Worked together with Apps to add this TIMESYS element in VOTable 1.4. [[http://www.ivoa.net/documents/VOTable/20190131/][VOTable1.4 Draft]
 
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open. This is done in Apps.
    • A minimum vocabulary needs to be set for the reference position. Action on AN through the TDIG and Semantics mailing lists.
  • Time Series model
    • The part of the model describing time is described by the Coordinates model (see Working draft) -- Feedback was given to DMGW on that.
  • Time Series serialisation
  • VOEvent:
Issues:
  • TIMESYS
Changed:
<
<
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open. * How to get feedback from preference of data providers? When/how is a decision made if there are good arguments for both?
>
>
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open.
Added:
>
>
    • How to get feedback from preference of data providers?
 
  • Time Series model & serialization
    • Dependance on other models slows the process.
    • Observed process for other models is not encouraging.
    • Understanding the limit between model and serialization is not straight forward. What goes where? Need to see both model and serializations to understand if all the information needed is existing somewhere.
Changed:
<
<
    • list of utypes needs to be built and
>
>
    • Need to have some serialization examples based on VO-DML (at least first attempts). Who is doing that?
Added:
>
>
    • Serialization based on utypes: list of utypes needs to be built (last interop some mistakes were found) and shared with the TDIG.

Revision 42019-02-05 - AdaNebot

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

last edit - Feb01 - JE

Draft Agenda

WebEx

IVOA TCG - Tues, Feb 05 @21:00 UTC

Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday (2/5) 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Meeting number: 857 098 649

Password: TCG2019

https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=m3b2749b528ffce9a919f64285e4f1a42

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 857 098 649

Roadmap

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published

Actions:

  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). - OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases.- OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. - WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document - HOLD

Status

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
Issues:

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

Status:
Changed:
<
<
  • TAP-1.1: progressing to new PR/RFC with agreement on authenticated endpoints solution, expected REC by/near Paris
>
>
  • TAP-1.1: progressing to new PR/RFC with agreement on authenticated endpoints solution, expected REC by/near Paris
 
    • implementations, client authenticated proof and validation ready
Changed:
<
<
  • ADQL-2.1: xtype="region" solution identified, no clear deadline for RFC/REC
>
>
  • ADQL-2.1: xtype="region" solution identified, no clear deadline for RFC/REC
 
    • however path forward for DALI xtypes for polymorphism and complex shapes not yet agreed upon (need use case support/identification WRT tessellation/MOC)
  • DALI-1.2: foreseen revision, see DALI-1.1 Next page, but needs more discussion to reach agreement
  • DataLink-1.1: revision will start in a short while, report in Paris
  • (private communication from A. Micol) SODA-1.0 "typo-level?" erratum on UCD in the document (MM will issue in a few days)
  • re-check on SLAP-2.0, ObsLocTAP & ObjVisSAP with authors (no issues foreseen)
Issues:
  • Service Weather report on DAL protocol "SHOULD"s: collected data providers view, need to report (here, e.g.)
  • polygon CCW: modelling seems solved (errata in other WGs), data providers side, how to proceed?
Communications:
  • EU H2020 ASTERICS A&A Meeting in Trieste: helped in progressing the above, GWS may have more to say about.

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

Status:
Issues:

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
Issues:

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Theory (CR)

Status:
Issues:

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
Added:
>
>
  • TIMESYS
    • Note defining the metadata to characterise time proposing the TIMESYS element to be added to VOTable. NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
    • Worked together with Apps to add this TIMESYS element in VOTable 1.4. Draft sent on 01.02.2019.
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open. This is done in Apps.
    • A minimum vocabulary needs to be set for the reference position. Action on AN through the TDIG and Semantics mailing lists.
  • Time Series model
    • The part of the model describing time is described by the Coordinates model (see Working draft) -- Feedback was given to DMGW on that.
  • Time Series serialisation
  • VOEvent:
 
Issues:
Added:
>
>
  • TIMESYS
    • Discussion over "ref" as a mandatory field or optional is now open. * How to get feedback from preference of data providers? When/how is a decision made if there are good arguments for both?
  • Time Series model & serialization
    • Dependance on other models slows the process.
    • Observed process for other models is not encouraging.
    • Understanding the limit between model and serialization is not straight forward. What goes where? Need to see both model and serializations to understand if all the information needed is existing somewhere.
    • list of utypes needs to be built and

Revision 32019-02-05 - MarcoMolinaro

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

last edit - Feb01 - JE

Draft Agenda

WebEx

IVOA TCG - Tues, Feb 05 @21:00 UTC

Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday (2/5) 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Meeting number: 857 098 649

Password: TCG2019

https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=m3b2749b528ffce9a919f64285e4f1a42

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 857 098 649

Roadmap

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published

Actions:

  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). - OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases.- OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. - WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document - HOLD

Status

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
Issues:
Changed:
<
<
WG/DAL (MM/JD)
>
>

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

 
Status:
Changed:
<
<
Issues:

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

>
>
  • TAP-1.1: progressing to new PR/RFC with agreement on authenticated endpoints solution, expected REC by/near Paris
    • implementations, client authenticated proof and validation ready
  • ADQL-2.1: xtype="region" solution identified, no clear deadline for RFC/REC
    • however path forward for DALI xtypes for polymorphism and complex shapes not yet agreed upon (need use case support/identification WRT tessellation/MOC)
Added:
>
>
  • DALI-1.2: foreseen revision, see DALI-1.1 Next page, but needs more discussion to reach agreement
  • DataLink-1.1: revision will start in a short while, report in Paris
  • (private communication from A. Micol) SODA-1.0 "typo-level?" erratum on UCD in the document (MM will issue in a few days)
  • re-check on SLAP-2.0, ObsLocTAP & ObjVisSAP with authors (no issues foreseen)
Issues:
  • Service Weather report on DAL protocol "SHOULD"s: collected data providers view, need to report (here, e.g.)
  • polygon CCW: modelling seems solved (errata in other WGs), data providers side, how to proceed?
Communications:
  • EU H2020 ASTERICS A&A Meeting in Trieste: helped in progressing the above, GWS may have more to say about.

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

 
Status:
Changed:
<
<
Issues:
>
>
Issues:
 

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
Issues:

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Theory (CR)

Status:
Issues:

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
Issues:

Revision 22019-02-04 - JanetEvans

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

last edit - Feb01 - JE

Draft Agenda

  • TCG Charter review:
  • Working Draft/PR/RFC Status/Outlook going forward
    • Review current table and get disposition
    • Review what’s coming in short term and what’s having problems progressing
    • Review what you think is the priority based on input
Changed:
<
<
    • 3 open errata to consider : (Laurent Michel)
>
>
    • 3 open errata to consider : (Laurent Michel)
 

WebEx

Changed:
<
<
IVOA TCG
Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Meeting number: 739 616 610
Password: TCG2019
https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=mec639f932966c3932e38aaf2f5d0662a

Join by phone
1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Access code: 739 616 610

Roadmap

>
>
IVOA TCG - Tues, Feb 05 @21:00 UTC
Added:
>
>
Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday (2/5) 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Meeting number: 857 098 649

Password: TCG2019

https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=m3b2749b528ffce9a919f64285e4f1a42

Join by phone

1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)

1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)

Access code: 857 098 649

Roadmap

 

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published

Actions:

  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). - OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases.- OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. - WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document - HOLD

Status

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
Issues:

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

Status:

Issues:

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

Status:
Issues:

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
Issues:

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Theory (CR)

Status:
Issues:

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
Issues:

Revision 12019-02-01 - JanetEvans

 
META TOPICPARENT name="IvoaTCG"

IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 05 Feb 2019 @21:00 UTC via WebEx

last edit - Feb01 - JE

Draft Agenda

WebEx

IVOA TCG
Hosted by CXC Data Systems

Tuesday 4:00 pm | 1 hour 30 minutes | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Meeting number: 739 616 610
Password: TCG2019
https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=mec639f932966c3932e38aaf2f5d0662a

Join by phone
1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Access code: 739 616 610

Roadmap

Document Submission Logs (since last Interop)

date document id version initiator i/w group action
20181212
NOTE-timesysnote-1.1-20181212
1.1 Markus Demleitner Note published

Actions:

  • ACTION-F0518-3: FG - Ensure that the important IVOA standards are in the RDA registry of standards (Note added 11/18 - DCP?/Registry?). - OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases.- OPEN
  • ACTION-F0518-8: DM/PD - Prototype hosting a document standard and issue tracking in GitHub. - WORKING
  • ACTION-F0518-13: MD/FG - make an official proposal of the IVOA Architecture document - HOLD

Status

WG/Apps (TD/RD)

Status:
Issues:

WG/DAL (MM/JD)

Status:

Issues:

WG/DM (MCD/LM)

Status:
Issues:

WG/GWS (BM/GT)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Registry (ThD/PLS)

Status:
Issues:

WG/Semantics (ML/MD)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Data Curation & Preservation (AS/TJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Education (CC/HH)

Status:
Issues:

IG/KDD (KP/MG)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Ops (TM/MT)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Solar System (BC/SJ)

Status:
Issues:

IG/Theory (CR)

Status:
Issues:

IG/TDIG (AN/DM)

Status:
Issues:
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback