IVOA TCG F2F Meeting - Wed, 09 Oct 2019 @19:00 Local time - Room 11 (Martini Plaza)

Last edit -> Oct 16 (JE) - Filled in meeting notes (in italics) & actions (in bold and repeated in New action section)

Attendees

  • Tom D, Raffaele D, Marco M, James D, Laurent M, Guiliano T, Christine B, Pierre L, Markus D, Andre S, Tim J, Chenzhou C, Kai P, Steve G, Babtiste C, Gerard L, Ada N, Mark A, Bruno M, Francesca C, Pat D, Janet E

Regrets

WebEx

Wednesday, Oct 9, 2019 1:00 pm | 2 hours | (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada); 17:00 GMT; 19:00 CEST
Meeting number: 733 616 060
Password: IVOA2019
https://sao.webex.com/sao/j.php?MTID=m1ad27e955ee7c728cf385b652c40a457

Join by phone
1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Access code: 733 616 060

Agenda/Mtg Notes

  • Review Actions (See below)
    • No change in action status; PD/JE did meet on the Architecture doc and sketched plans going forward during the meeting; more to dicuss at the next TCG telecon
  • Current RFC/TCG reviews
    • See: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/IvoaTCG#On_going_Recommendations
    • 5 standards approved since the Paris interop; Exec approval on all 5 came a few days ago; JE updated TCG table with approved dates
      • Next steps to complete approved standards thread
        • Final doc build in ivoatex
        • Create a registry record with keys defined
        • ADS provides new DOI; Doc cooridnator updates on web
    • Four current proposed recommendations (all data models); 3 are in RFC review stage, 1 to be reviewed by TCG after document update
      • Provenance - no roadblocks; working on response to RFC feedback; coming soon
      • 2 related models - Measurements & Coords
        • Coords model needs updates basedon feedback from trying to implement the transform model
        • Plan is to Update/complete transform, update coords model, provide to LSST for test implementation, then present back to TCG
      • SSLDM - newest on 10/02
      • In talking about DM models the later topic discussion of tighter couple of reference implementations to standards approval took place, few conclusions:
        • concern expressed by some TCG members that DM recommendations are severely under-reviewed without concrete usage
        • concern expressed by some TCG members that "two interoperable implementations" is very fuzzy when it comes to DMs
        • proposal to "hold" new models until we can prove interoperability by completing the VODML-mapping work (from old utypes tiger team)
  • TCG topics
    • Document process in github -- discuss here - review and more open discussion in Sunday AM session
      • proposal: WG chair and vice chair are admins of the repo; they give document editors read-write permission -- then only chair(s) and editors can merge pull requests
      • proposal: a team/group made up of TCG (all? chair & vie-chair) will have permission to create new repositories
      • we do need to assign a license to each repo (proposal: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ -- need exec approval and something should end up inside the docs)
      • Summary from discussion:
        • TCG has agreed that we will move the development of standards documents from volute (kindly hosted by GAVO) to github
        • TCG chair/vice-chair will manage permissions and create repositories for standards (1 repository per document)
        • WG chair/vice-chair will admin and manage permissions on a set of repositories (~10)
        • WG chair/vice-chair and specified document editors will have write permission (to merge changes)
        • details to be demonstrated at Sunday AM session
        • TCG recommends that all documents be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/) license: DocStdchange
        • ACTION: PD/JE: Exec review decision when stable of the doc license choice
    • Tighter coupling of reference implementations to standards approval - TD
      • Highlighted above on DM section
    • Offloading /rdf maintenance to the semantics chair - MD
      • The Semantics Chair was proposed to have the roll of maintaining vovabularies on ivoa,net
      • PD said it would be good for someone in the TCG to manage the vocabularies; Identified that it would be good to have a process description written up
      • *ACTION:* MD - write up process description for updaing /rdf maintenance
    • Proposal for a - call for presentations for the next interop - GT
      • GT proposed that a group wiki page could be set up to manage proposed talks at the interop meetings and that there should be a single call for inputs to any of the WG/IG sessions. It will help see similarities in topics to encourage cross WG session
      • ACTION: TCG - Decide if a central wiki for session coordination is the way to go for Sydney
  • Team Status/Issues
    • Team and project status next 6 months; focus on roadblocks/issues
      • JE looking for drivers (whose asking/looking for upgrade; reason)
      • 2019B Roadmap seeded with 2019A inputs; Update the doc and removed the 2019A from your section header
  • AOB

Actions

  • NEW
    • ACTION: PD/JE: Exec review decision when stable of the doc license choice
    • ACTION: MD - write up process description for updaing /rdf maintenance
    • ACTION: TCG - Decide if a central wiki for session coordination is the way to go for Sydney
  • DONE
    • ACTION-T0819-1: JE - Contact Groningen organizers about moving TCG meeting to Wed evening - DONE
      • JE sent email this afternoon (8/22) and is waiting for a response (cc'd Mark A/Pat D)
  • OPEN/WORKING
    • ACTION-T0219-5: PD/JE - kick off the Architecture doc effort and distribute tasks to team - WORKING
    • ACTION-F0518-4: Laurant - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases. WORKING
    • ACTION-T2019 -6: PD/JE: Ask DOC to transfer links to new Publishing on the VO doc when time is right - OPEN

Topic revision: r9 - 2019-10-16 - JanetEvans
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback