TCG Meeting (online) - Wed, Jan 25 2023 @ 13:00 UTC

  • Attendees : Pierre, James, Laurent, Jesus, Giuliano, Dave, Renaud, Tess, Markus, Carlo, Gilles, Henrik, Raffaele, Mark T, Mark L, Francois, Anne, Mark CD, Christophe, Ada, Marco, Janet

  • Regrets : Simon, Pat, Grégory, Adrian

Meeting details



  • Existing
    • [DM] - integrate code of conduct with IVOA current one and move repo to [Have a plan]
      • The GitHub repo has been transferred IVOA and the key questions added to the project README file.
      • We will bring this topic to the TCG meeting at the Interop for discussion
    • [MM] investigate update of RFC wiki-template [OPEN]
    • [MM] send out an email about abandoned/unused mailing lists decision [OPEN]
  • New/Restated or modified
    • [Apps/Ops/GWS] Plan a few joint meetings for discussion on adding newer technologies to VO architecture (ie. JSON over XML) [Working - part of Interop prep]

Meeting Agenda

(Annotated in Bold with meeting notes after session)

  • Few things to note:
    • Northern Spring 2023 IVOA meeting in Bologna, Italy (sponsored by INAF) - dates - May 7-12 (5/7 TCG & Exec mtgs)
    • Northern Fall 2023 IVOA meeting Tucson (sponsored by Rubin in works) - dates - Nov 10-12 (ADASS Nov 5-9)
    • Next Exec mtg Jan 31
    • 2022BRoadmap -- Would really like to see folks complete !!
  • TCG RFC Review
    • "Vocabularies in the VO" - sent to Exec on Jan 20 - responses are positive, expect it to be complete at 1/31 Exec mtg
    • Priority on wrapping up MIVOT - please review!!!
    • UCDList 1.5 to be voted - TCG APROVED
    • DALI-1.1/TAP-1.1 "examples" vocabulary to be reviewed - VOTE planned for NEXT TCG Mtg, please review
    • ObsCore -1.1 Erratum 3: how to move one? Erratum "rejected": resulted as not really being an erratum, to be followed up differently
    • (new) Errata: all of these are in WG discussion, please report when ready for TCG vote
      • DALI-1.1 Erratum 1: Drop resource attribute on continuation
      • SODA v1.0 Erratum 2: Wrong VOTable syntax in polarization example
      • SODA v1.0 Erratum 3: Wrong VOTable syntax in BAND example
      • SIAP v2.0 Erratum 1: POS=RANGE examples inconsistent with spec
      • SIAP v2.0 Erratum 2: Possible confusion between FORMAT and RESPONSEFORMAT parameter
  • Northern Spring 2023 Interop
    • Bologna Details (Marco/LOC) - support slide from MM
      • Overview of Venue/Logistics (MM) * 1st announcement must include: register now! book now!
      • Marco presented a set of slides with venue and city center/bus transportation details
      • Bologna has a lot of mtgs around Interop time, suggest you book hotels early and plan for walk or use bus transport to the venue;
      • Lunches and breaks will be covered by hosts; working on a participant pay plan for a dinner
      • Need to get Interop 'Save the Date', meeting info, and Baseline schedule out in next few weeks (LOC action)
      • meeting web page available at indico INAF instance. Review and comment, wait for announcement to register, don't wait it for booking your stay!
    • Special topics/Plenary planning/Education session
      • See ProgramPrepMay2023 Page - Put your session requests in this doc along with plenary/hackathon/workshop requests
      • See InterOpMay2023 Schedule - Please review
      • Current Plenary focus - Science Platforms (possibly 2 sessions); DOIs in Open Science (1 session); other ideas????
      • Steve Hughes (from JPL, Information modeling expert and person responsible for the PDS implementation that supports expressing the Information Model in multiple formats including both XML and JSON) has coordinated his schedule/approvals to be available for a presentation on the topic at the May Interop. (Thank you Anne);; Frossie Economou contacted JE last Friday and also has a talk and able to present in Sci Platforms plenary. JE asked that she send a title and abstract.
      • Any interest in ... Hackathon?? mini workshop?? special topics?? - Need to hear your thoughts by next mtg
    • TCG meeting on the Sunday before the Interop - 4.0 hours planned
      • Big topic at the mtg was what time to start on Sunday (morning or afternoon); Based on discussion and feedback we'll stay with the proposed 9:30am local time start (pushed it out a 1/2 hour) with 1 hour lunch, and Exec will start at 4pm local time. It will be the 1st time many folks meet in a TCG mtg; though we've met more often in the past few years, the topics have really been Virtual Interop planning for the most part.
      • Another topics discusse was Where to place the Edu Newcomers session. Decided a session on the afternoon on the 1st day made most sense with lunch time Q&A in the small room with a circle of tables. Draft schedule updated.
      • Start of Agenda for TCG F2F mtg
        • Step through the Roadmap, get status, discuss next steps & stumbling blocks to progress
        • Connections between CSP priorities and groups and between groups
        • Code of Conduct discussion/plan
        • Looking for topics for you to lead from the WG/IG leads
          • This is a good opportunity to have a good working discussion between groups or handle other topics that need attendtion
          • Can be time sensitive - before the Interop starts -or- longer term
    • TCG WG/IGs are encouraged to schedule your own side mtgs to build synergy and make progress on topics - either by requesting a room or having an informal meeting at a place of your own choosing;; we can make a few announcements each morning if you want to advertise such a mtg to the group & modify the schedule as we go. (Sala 216)
    • TCG Turnovers - discussion at next Exec mtg - Please review and let us know if any errors - taking list to Exec on 1/31;; If you know someone to nominate, are interested in a position, or ready to move from V Chair to Chair, let CA, JE, MM know in email to help the process
      • DM WG - Laurent Michel, Jesus Salgado - no extension
      • GWS WG - Giulllano Taffoni - no extension / Note on D Morris V Ch till 2025
      • Semantics WG - Markus Demleitner, Carlo Maria Zwölf - - no extension
      • Theory IG - V Chair OPEN (since 9/2022)
      • Operations IG - Mark Taylor, S Groom - no extension
      • Radio IG - M Lacy, F Bonnarel - have extension available; Mark Lacy suggested Alessandra Zanichelli, Yan Grange and Mark Kettenis in Nov 9, 2022 email to BB to replace them in Radio IGfor Chair; Francois is interested in 1 year extension for V Chair
  • AOB
    • DataLink-1.1 : first implementations available (Gavo, TopCat), CADC and Aladin in progress
      • RFC start at next TCG to be considered
  • Next TCG meeting:
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r21 < r20 < r19 < r18 < r17 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r21 - 2023-01-31 - JesusSalgado
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2024 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback