IVOA Executive Committee Meeting (TM101)

When: October 19, 2021
Time: 1pm (UTC)


Logistic

Topic: IVOA Exec TM101
Time: Oct 19, 2021 01:00 PM Universal Time UTC
Join Zoom Meeting
https://smithsonian.zoom.us/j/88042865807?pwd=VUpBRnZMMjlJbTk3WEZxME9HNUZjUT09
Meeting ID: 880 4286 5807
Passcode: 224805
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,88042865807#,,,,*224805# US (Chicago)
+16468769923,,88042865807#,,,,*224805# US (New York)

Agenda TM101

  1. Roll Call and Agenda
  2. Minutes of TM100
  3. Review of Exec ACTIONS
  4. Project Reports [Significant Events Only]
  5. Overall TCG Status
  6. Approval of new IVOA Recommendation(s) [Standing Item]
    • VODataService 1.2 standard
  7. Future Interop meetings: Northern Fall meeting organization updates
  8. CSP Status
  9. Collaboration between IVOA and IAU: strategy for engagement
  10. IVOA and Blockchain Open Development protocols.

  11. AOB
  12. Date of next Exec meeting
  13. Review of New Action Items

Reports from the Projects:

Argentina-NOVA

ArVO

AstroGrid

Australia-VO (ASVO)

BRAVO

China-VO

ChiVO

CVO

Euro_VO

ESA

France VO

GAVO

HVO

NLVO

JVO

RVO

SA^3

SVO

Vo-India

VObs.it

Ukraine_VO

USVOA

Report from the TCG

  • Last meeting Oct 13, next meeting Oct 27
  • Forwarded Architecture Doc on Oct 14 to BB for Exec review as an Endorsed Note with Exec review
  • Forwarded VODataService-1.2 to BB for Exec review
  • Current Recs in TCG review: GMS 1.0; EN-TAP 2.0, SimpleDALRegExt-1.2
  • IVOA Interop - currently 84 attendees; Schedule in place; another reminder will go out this week
    • ADASS will have Gathertown for Posters (they are paying for a month and we fall within the timeframe)
    • Edu session on Nov 01
    • WG/IG leading sessions during interop

Report from the CSP

  • First meeting took place on the 30th of September 2021.
  • Membership: discussed possibility of adding a bio to the wiki for each member. Status: Still gathering information.
  • Follow-up on feedback gathered during and in between interops. Status: continuous effort through participation to running meetings, TCG meetings, different slack channels and GitHub repos.
  • Interop prep: The CSP will have a panel session around how we interact with astronomers to improve their experience with our services and tools and how this can help us to improve our services / tools. We have six confirmed panelists representing different organisations.
Topic revision: r7 - 2021-10-19 - JanetEvans
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2021 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback