IVOA TCG Telecon - Tue, 16 Jul 2019 @20:00 UTC

Last edit -> Jul 15; Updated with meeting notes - Jul 19 (JE)

Attendees

  • Andre S., Steve G, Raffaele D., Laurent M., Jesus S., Markus D, Theresa D, Tim J, Tom D, Gerhard L, Christine B, Marco M, Dave M, Mark A., Pat D., Janet E.

Agenda/Mtg Notes

  • Review Actions (See below)
  • Current RFC/TCG reviews
  • Current Errata
    • NONE
  • Groningen Update
    • Logistics
      • Pat summarized input learned at telecon
        • TCG F2F meeting - Thursday afternoon after ADASS convenes
        • IVOA sessions are Fri (Oct11) - Sun (Oct13); conclude at 1pm Sunday
        • IVOA venue is the DOME planetarium
        • Pat suggested thinking about topic based session
        • There will be computer plug-in setup in lobby (won't have it in room)
    • Draft Schedule (https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpOct2019)
      • Some thoughts on program:
        • Consensus round table -What we learned with Authentication
        • Gronongen Vis/Machine learning contribution session
        • Wider planetarium discussion - How support impacts models
        • Radio Astronomy and the VO session discussed
      • Need to get an announcement out to the Interop list - Pat??
  • 2019A Roadmaps
    • 2019A Roadmap - Reference leading to Groningen Meeting
      • Stepped through the 2019A Roadmap with summarises from WG/IG chairs/Vchairs present at meeting
  • TCG topics
    • Source Model update - LM
      • 2 conclusions from initial efforts on source model
        • Can't have a model describing sources in a general way
        • Cost on annotating an archive is out of range
      • Thinking of proposing a Framework with a client
        • TAP scheme
        • Organize to have input from science
      • Plan to write an IVOA Note to describe approach
        • Aiming for a draft by the Fall Interop
    • DM/Provenance Progress
      • Discussed difficulties bringing Prov1.0 to RFC; LM will work to get it there
  • AOB

Actions

  • OPEN/WORKING
    • ACTION-T0219-5: PD/JE - kick off the Architecture doc effort effort and distribute tasks to team - WORKING
    • ACTION-F0518-4: MCD - Produce documentation on how the models relate and how to get started with certain use cases. WORKING
    • ACTION-T2019 -6: PD/JE: Ask DOC to transfer links to new Publishing on the VO doc when time is right - OPEN
Topic revision: r7 - 2019-08-08 - JanetEvans
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback