TCG Meeting (online) - Wed, Sep 07 2022 @ 13:00 UTC


  • Attendees : Janet Evans [JE], Marco Molinaro [MM], Pierre Le Sidaner [PLS], Adrian Damian [AD], James Dempsey [JD], Laurent Michel [LM], Jesus Salgado [JS], Giuliano Taffoni [GT], Dave Morris [DM], Renaud Savalle [RS], Tess Jaffe [TeJ], Markus Demleitner [MD], Gilles Landais [GL], Hendrik Heinl [HH], Shanshan Li [SL], Raffaele D'Abrusco [RDA], Mark Taylor [MT], Steve Groom [SG], François Bonnarel [FB], Anne Raugh [AR], Mark Cresitello-Dittmar [MCD], Patrick Dowler [PD]

  • Regrets :


Meeting details

TCG Meeting - Thu, Sep 07 @13:00 UTC

Actions

  • Existing
    • [DM] - integrate code of conduct with IVOA current one and move repo to github.com/ivoa [ONGOING]
      • The GitHub repo has been transferred IVOA and the key questions added to the project README file.
        • Including a CODE_OF_CONDUCT file in all our projects.
        • Including a Developer Certificate of Origin (DCO) file in all our projects.
        • Initiate a process for updating our code of conduct.
    • [Apps] to lead start discussion on JSON & XML in VO architecture [OPEN]
    • [MM] investigate update of RFC wiki-template [OPEN]
  • New
    • [ALL] feedback for the new IVOA web page (draft page, feedback (wiki))
    • [ALL] send out call for contributions and feed the program preparation page
    • [ALL] register for the Oct. Interop (website)
    • [MM] send out an email about abandoned/unused mailing lists decision

Meeting Agenda

(Annotated in Bold with meeting notes after session)


  • 2022A Roadmap - Overviews ...
    • This mtg: (RS/TJ) Reg, (MD/CMZ) Sem, GT/DM (GWS), BM/MCD (Tim), GL/ST (Theory)
      • topic postponed to a future TGC, to give more discussion time to the Interop preparation
    • Aug 11 mtg: (PD/AD) Apps, (AR) Solar System, (HH/SL) EDU, ML/FB (Radio)
    • Jul 06 mtg: (JD) DAL, (LM) DM, (GLa) DCP & (RDA) KD gave Roadmap overviews - July06 reviews
  • TCG RFC Review
    • Measurements 1.0, Coordinates 1.0, EPN-TAP2.0- RFC PASSED Exec review
      • EPN-TAP-2.0 is already on the ivoa.net documents repository, Meas and Coords will follow soon
    • MOC-2.0 REC Fix
      • Erratum prepared and asked for comments. To be reviewed/voted at next TCG meeting
  • Planning the Interop; Oct 18-20 (Tu-Th), Newcomers session Mon, Oct 17
    • Program Prep Page - https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ProgramPrepVirtualOct2022
    • Newcomers session planning - Update from Hendrik
      • JE volunteered chairing the sessions to help keep timing
    • WG/IG leads planning
      • Dicussion and potential session requirements set
    • Special topics/Plenary planning - Multi-messenger with CSP lead?? / Few other topics on Program planning page to consider though this is a short mtg
      • new technologies or VO & the cloud
      • JSON bindings and similar
    • ADASS Posters on IVOA ??? Should we organize this again or not??
      • No poster session, not really active last interop, plus it's before ADASS this time
    • Gather.town - Welcome to add off-to-the -side mtgs to schedule in order to remind folks
      • If known in advance, alert so they can appear on the schedule themselves
  • Homework for Exec - Review Draft front page of IVOA.net
  • Communication: abandoned/unused mailing lists (alert & email).
    • MM will send an email with the list of abandoned/unused/dubious ivoa mailing lists
  • Next TCG meeting: Thursday October 6 2022 @20:00 UTC
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r7 < r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r7 - 2022-12-05 - JanetEvans
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback