Provenance meeting in Potsdam, Germany, 2018 January 18th to January 19th

supported by OV-France, GAVO, Paris Data Center and Asterics Project

Follow_up_meeting

hosted at Leibniz-Institute for Astrophysics, Potsdam, Germany ( AIP)

Participants

Name Organisation Arrival time Leaving time
Kristin Riebe AIP 2018-01-18, 8:30 am 2018-01-19, 5:00 pm
Mireille Louys CDS/ICube Strasbourg 2018-01-18, 9:00 am 2018-01-19, 4:00 pm
Mathieu Servillat LUTH - CNRS/ObsParis/PSL 2018-01-18, 12:00 pm 2018-01-19, 5:00 pm
Michèle Sanguillon LUPM - CNRS 2018-01-17, 7:00 pm 2018-01-19, 4:00 pm
Francois Bonnarel CDS/ObAS 2018-01-18, 8:30 am 2018-01-19, 4:00 pm
Markus Nullmeier ARI 2018-01-17, 7:30 pm 2018-01-19, 2:00 pm
       

insert your name here...

Venue

Leibniz-Insitute for Astrophysics Potsdam, An der Sternwarte 16, 14482 Potsdam, Germany How to get there

We'll probably meet in Leibnizhaus, seminar room at the top floor (go upstairs, turn right). The building is locked from the outside; if the door is not open, please call me (ask for my phone number by mail) or go to the reception in Scharzschildhaus and tell them to call me or the seminar room, There's a coffee machine and a sofa at Schwarzschildhaus, so you can make yourself comfortable while waiting. smile

Bus 694 arrives every 20 - 40 minutes, stop "Sternwarte" is directly at the campus.

We plan to have dinner at an Indian restaurant in Babelsberg at 7 pm on Thursday: http://restaurant-sagar.de/

Meeting Agenda

Time Speaker Title Presentation file
       
       
       
       
       

Topics to discuss / suggestions

  • Remaining Discussion points and TODOs from http://wiki.ivoa.net/bin/view/IVOA/ObservationProvenanceDataModel
  • review comments received on the dm list since Kristin issued the document
  • review/clarify the minutes of splinter meeting at ADASS. ( I have uploaded a corrected version on the wiki page)
  • define how to build a hierarchy of the metadata we want.
    Usually we have the terms MUST, SHOULD, MAY to define the standard description, but here we need to define different
    levels of description of the Provenance INFO, because some projects will want it to be compact and simple, and some
    others would like to be fully detailed, and the intermediate cases may also happen.
    Could we try to define 2 or 3 levels of templates for serialising the model?
  • Data Access Layer: What to keep in the current DM document and what to describe in a DAL document
    • TAP implementation status (Francois, Mireille)
  • Status of reference implementations

Useful links:

Add useful links here

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date WhoSorted ascending Comment
Texttxt MinutesmeetingProvatADASS2017-10-26.txt manage 4.0 K 2018-01-09 - 20:53 MireilleLouys Minutes of splintermeeting @ ADASS meeting Oct 2017
Edit | Attach | Print version | History: r14 | r11 < r10 < r9 < r8 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions...
Topic revision: r9 - 2018-01-11 - MarkusNullmeier
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback