IVOA Executive Committee Meeting (TM100)

When: September 14, 2021
Time: 1pm (UTC)


Logistic

Topic: Exec TM100
Time: Sep 14, 2021 01:00 PM Universal Time UTC
Join Zoom Meeting
https://smithsonian.zoom.us/j/88182382047?pwd=UDFmb2I4dEhNc2p0WWp6dTQ3RitVQT09
Meeting ID: 881 8238 2047
Passcode: 223799

Agenda TM100

  1. Roll Call and Agenda
  2. Minutes of TM99
  3. Review of Exec ACTIONS (ALL DONE)
  4. Project Reports [Significant Events Only]
  5. Overall TCG Status
  6. Approval of new IVOA Recommendation(s) [Standing Item]
  7. Future Interop meetings: Northern Fall meeting organization
  8. CSP Status
  9. Poster at ADASS (abstracts due by Oct 1).
  10. Participation in Laboratory Astrophysics Data Compilation, Validation and Standardization IAU WG.
  11. Open positions: CSP vice-chair, KDD vice-chair, Media group chair.
  12. Collaboration between IVOA and IAU (CC)
  13. AOB
  14. Date of next Exec meeting
  15. Review of New Action Items

Reports from the Projects:

Argentina-NOVA

ArVO

AstroGrid

Australia-VO (ASVO)

  • New funding for various data-related projects, including for data retention from Australian Research Data Commons and Optical Data Centre (ODC) from Astronomy Australia Ltd
  • SkyMapper node has migrated to fully SSL encrypted, sorting out IVOA registry
  • Data Central node is part of ODC and
    • has recently released it's Data Aggregation Service https://das.datacentral.org.au
    • will soon release updated Anglo-Australian Telescope archive system
  • CASDA node has released full HiPS images for the RACS survey
  • Major storage upgrade at Pawsey Supercomputer Centre will improve CASDA and MWA node performance

BRAVO

China-VO

ChiVO

CVO

Euro_VO

Many Euro-VO activities are being pursued via the H2020 ESCAPE project (https://projectescape.eu). In particular WP4.

Upcoming contributions and events include:

An ADASS Tutorial: Astropy, PyVO and the Radio realm (H. Heinl (CDS), D. Morris (U. Edinburgh) The tutorial will have a strong focus on the usage of PyVO as an API to access VO services.

ESCAPE European Data Provider Forum and Training Event (23-26 November 2021): https://indico.in2p3.fr/event/23987/

Aimed at researchers, technicians and librarians active in publishing astronomical data to its European Data Providers' Forum. As its predecessors, it will offer an opportunity to identify common challenges and problems in the dissemination of astronomical data, in particular using Virtual Observatory standards, to exchange solutions, and to share perspectives. The Forum will also be accompanied by hands-on workshops on common publication tools (DaCHS, VOLLT, MOCserver, and more).

Planning for VO school in Strasbourg in February 2022. (In-person if travel is feasible, otherwise virtual)

ESA

France VO

GAVO

HVO

JVO

RVO

SA^3

SVO

Vo-India

VObs.it

Ukraine_VO

USVOA

Report from the TCG

Status

  • The TCG met on Wed, Aug 25th; next meeting is Wed, Sept 15
  • Interop Prep Underway
  • Reviews
    • RFC - VODataService 1.2, GMS 1.0 *New Sep 10*
    • Errata - RegTAP 1.1 - *New - Aug 30 *
    • RFCs reported as coming soon: ADQL 2.1
  • TCG Ch/V Ch putting out a monthly TCG Newsletter - Aug/Sep sent to group
  • Edu IG has developed a web page and are collecting tutorial material - send tutorial input to edu@ivoa.net
  • Few Exec requests resource help
    • DCP needs author help for the DOI doc - please reach out to Tim Jenness ( TJenness@lsst.org) if you can help or know someone
    • A KDD V Chair is still open; RD put out a request to the Interop mail list
Northern Fall Interop Organization
  • Save the Date email sent to Interop List on Sep 07
  • Meeting prep:
  • Topics in works:
    • Session requests by WG/IG chairs: ProgramPrepVirtualNov2021
    • Special Session on Hybrid Interops going forward
    • WG/IG invited contributions (no general abstract request to public) this time
    • Pre-workshop Edu session planned
  • Other Interop ideas/planning:
    • Plenary session ??
    • CSP session ??
    • Do we go with Gathertown again ??
  • Up next:
    • Work on Session request and Schedule with WG/IG, & Exec
    • Open registration, more emails ...

Report from the CSP

Status

  • CSP meeting will take place on the 30th of September at 20UTC to improve attendance. 10 out of 16 people responded. We will evaluate the need of a specific session.
  • Membership and communication channels
  • CSP vice-chair position is still open
  • CSP related meetings:
    • Meeting with the chair of the Education IG to discuss on specific actions, the wiki and its contents. Material has been added.
    • Meeting with the chair of the Radio IG vice-chair. Several actions underway. Suggested a running meeting to assess the need of a session at the interop.
    • Attended the DAL running meeting.
Ideas for improving transparency and interaction with the community
    • GitHub (learning curve)
    • pyVO (continuity)
    • Specific actions
Topic revision: r8 - 2021-09-14 - MarcoMolinaro
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2021 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback