TWiki> IVOA Web>IvoaRepMin>IvoaExecMeetingTM97 (revision 9)EditAttach

IVOA Executive Committee Meeting (TM97)

when: May 4, 2021

Time: 2pm (UTC)


Logistic

Time: May 4, 2021 02:00 PM Universal Time UTC
Join Zoom Meeting
https://smithsonian.zoom.us/j/83722787799?pwd=MFl6K0Fmd0hDbWhya3N0MW1KT0Nudz09
Meeting ID: 837 2278 7799
Passcode: 924837

Agenda TM97

  1. Roll Call and Agenda
  2. Minutes of TM96
  3. Review of Exec ACTIONS
  4. Project Reports [Significant Events Only]
  5. Overall TCG Status
  6. Approval of new IVOA Recommendation(s) [Standing Item]
  7. Future Interop meetings
  8. CSP Status (BM)
  9. IVOA renewals:
    • New Exec Chair and vice Chair
    • TCG WG/IG
  10. IVOA support on archiving the Arecibo heritage data (BB)
  11. IVOA presentation to the ODS Inter-Relational Subcommittee (BB)
  12. NASA’s Science Mission Directorate (SMD) Catalog to Support Open Science (BB)
  13. AOB
  14. Date of next Exec meeting
  15. Review of New Action Items

Reports from the Projects

Argentina-NOVA

ArVO

AstroGrid

Australia-VO (ASVO)

BRAVO

China-VO

ChiVO

CVO

CADC has placed a deposit on the venue ADASS-2022 in Victoria. We are working with University of Toronto and University of Victoria to host this meeting. Due to long-lead times for conference venues the ADASS-2022 LoC is requesting details on possible IVOA Interop attached to ADASS-2022 (incuding possible executive session). The Interop is being planned for the days before the ADASS-2022 meeting at the same hotel as we have used for previous IVOA Interop in Victoria (Laurel Point)

CVO will be pursuing 'CoreTrustSeal' certification within a cohort of Canadian data repositories that are moving through this process together. Expect CTS process to finish by end of summer 2021.

Euro_VO

The Euro-VO activities are in part supported by the ESCAPE project (https://projectescape.eu). Work Package 4 of ESCAPE "Connecting ESFRI to EOSC using the Virtual Observatory" recently held a number of events:

ESA

France VO

OV-France held its annual meeting 22-23 March 2021 with strong participation of the French astronomy community: http://www.france-ov.org/twiki/bin/view/JOURNEESSpecifiques/Reunion2021

GAVO

HVO

JVO

RVO

SA^3

SVO

Vo-India

VObs.it

Within the revision of all INAF projects promoted by the new President, VObs.it has been proposed as a "programme" (long-term project), coordinated and funded by INAF with the formal participation of ASI (SSDC - Space Science Data Center). Participants are 23 staff from 7 INAF institutes, ASI-SSDC and the University of Padova. Evaluation is expected by the end of August.

In preparation for the proposal two virtual meetings were organised: an information webinar (8 March) to update the community on the IVOA activities and accomplishments and on the VObs.it role (44 participants), and a workshop (28 April) for a technical discussion and preparation for the future events: the IVOA Interop and the ESCAPE/CEVO Hands-on Meeting for Data Providers (25 participants).

Ukraine_VO

USVOA

Report from the TCG

Interop planning underway - TCG met on April 20

  • Interop is May 25-28 (Tu-Fri) - JE working schedule - session input request deadline for WG/IG was 4/23
  • Pre-Interop Edu session on May 24 - Intro to the IVOA - Henrik/Dave Morris
    • Steve Groom reminded the group that we had discussed such a session in the past.
  • 2 workshops within the Interop - GWS/Theory - Science Platforms (3 sessions) & DM - DataModel Workshop (3 sessions) - same time each day
  • gather.town - Folks in Europe have used this social site for infomal meet ups during workshops - Henrik volunteered to set it up for the Interop; we'll give it a try
  • Bruno suggested we get back with the astropy group - He's organizing a CSP session
  • We have 133 participants as of this morning; 9 abstracts submitted (as of 4/30)
  • Draft Schedule:
  • Will send an email out to the Interop with another reminder and highlighting the program this week.
Edit | Attach | Print version | History: r12 < r11 < r10 < r9 < r8 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions...
Topic revision: r9 - 2021-05-04 - JjKavelaars
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2021 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback