Attendees

  • Anne, Ada, Adrian, Andre, Brent, Carlo, Christine, Fracois, Gregory, Henrik, James, Laurent, Marc CD, Mark T, Markus, Pat, Pierre, Raffaele, Simon, Steve, Theresa, Tim, Tom, Marco, Janet

Regrets

Meeting Link

Time: Sep 15, 2021 20:00 UTC (04:00 PM Eastern Time)

Agenda

(Annotated in Bold with meeting notes after session)

ACTIONS

  • New
    • Adrian - Follow up with Tom on a PyVO Hackathon for May
      • AD+TD start working on this now and follow up to converge in May '22 Interop. Hack-a-tho focusing on table upload, possibly
    • Mark CD - to respond to Vandana's feedback at the May Interop - consider a errata/note to add to Utpes to the current Spectrum model
      • acknowledge Vandana's feedback and figure out a path to respond to it
  • WORKING
    • ACTION [all]: check and fill in the IVOA Roadmap 2021A. - WG DONE; IG Partial - encourage folks to outline goals for the semester
    • ACTION [all]: review/RFC VODataService-1.2. - Still need to hear from some folks on the RFC page
  • DONE

Meeting agenda

  • Exec mtg Sep 14 - What was discussed?? Update from JE/MM
    • report touched the points in the agenda here below, explained the idea for WG/IG managed scehdule for this Interop, explained the idea of poster sessions as a fallback for contributions that cannot fit int the oral contributions.
  • TCG Ongoing Recommendations / Endorsed Notes /Errata
    • VODataService 1.2 (Rec) - Needs attention* *!!
    • VEP006 & 007 (Note) 006 has 4 new terms - #calibration, #bias, #dark, #flat; 007 - adds #detached-header -- HOLD
    • RegTAP-1.1 - Erratum 1 (RegTAP-1_1-Erratum-1)
    • Review Standards Promotion Process: https://www.ivoa.net/documents/#process
    • git/github + LaTeX/ivoatex policies and guidelines: report * a task group is working to provide the initial draft for these policies/guidelines. Work will be reported to TCG and fit in a section of the ivoatexDoc note, mainly.
  • Next Interop - Nov 2-4 (Virtual 3 day meeting)
    • Save the Date email to go out to Interop List in Early Sept - Sent Sep 07
    • Seeded Schedule: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpNov2021
    • Seed Program Prep Page: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ProgramPrepVirtualNov2021
      • First round of requests from WG/IGs: 29.09.2021
    • Draft Interop meeting page: https://indico.ict.inaf.it/event/1634/
    • Last mtg we discussed: Special Session on Hybrid Interops, Invited Contributions, Pre-workshop Edu session (should we send a poll -or- ask for inputs of community for topics?)
    • Other ideas: Plenary session(??), CSP session(??), What about Gathertown(??)
    • Move on Schedule, WG/IG session requests
    • continue checking on hybrid solutions, pre-interop edu session confirmed, ideas to try out a poster session in gather.town, not yet clear what posters to use there, but they should be a few only, as a demonstrator of how it could work
  • Architecture Doc -- PD summary
    • Document changes to remove WDs and keep PR and REC only. Waited GMS enetering RFC to fill the A&A section. Added glossary amd ObsLocTAP reference. Need to add GitHub CI integration.
  • CSP Questions/Concerns
    • AN encourages running meetings in the WG/IG due to their usefulness. CSP will meet on 30.09 also to discuss sessions at Interop.
  • AOB
    • HH asks for potential new ideas for newcomers sessions. JE suggests a tour on providing "your telescope's data" in the VO from data to registration.
  • Next meeting
    • TCG meeting on Wednesday October 6 - 20:00 UTC -> moved to October 13 - 20:00 UTC

(some further notes attached to this page)

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt TCG_vconf_20210915_notes_cleaned.txt manage 3.5 K 2021-09-29 - 09:12 MarcoMolinaro quick notes from MM from the meeting
Topic revision: r9 - 2021-09-29 - MarcoMolinaro
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2021 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback