TCG Meeting (online) - Thu, Aug 11 2022 @ 20:00 UTC


  • Attendees : Ada, Anne, Brent, Francois, Gilles, Henrik, James, Jesus, Mark CD, Mark Lacy, Pierre, Raffaele, Renaud, Simon, Tess, Marco, Janet

  • Regrets : Gerard, Gus, Mark Talyor, Laurant, Markus, Dave


Meeting details

TCG Meeting - Thu, Aug 11 @20:00 UTC

ACTIONS

  • Existing
    • [MM] contact Pat Dowler (StdProc) for final solution and step on MOC-2.0/2.1, copy to editors/authors [DONE]
    • [MM] contact Stéphane Erard (EPN editor) on shaping RFC for final review and vote [DONE]
    • [DM] - integrate code of conduct with IVOA current one and move repo to github.com/ivoa [ONGOING]
    • [Apps] to lead start discussion on JSON & XML in VO architecture [OPEN]
    • [MM] investigate update of RFC wiki-template [OPEN]
  • New

Meeting Agenda

(Annotated in Bold with meeting notes after session)

  • 2022A Roadmap - Overviews ... started last mtg
    • This mtg: (PD/AD) Apps, (AR) Solar System, (HH/SL) EDU, ML/FB (Radio)
      • Roadmap highlights were presented to the group
    • Next mtg: (RS/TJ) Reg, (MD/CMZ) Sem, GT/DM (GWS), BM/MCD (Tim), GL/ST (Theory)
    • Last mtg: (JD) DAL, (LM) DM, (GLa) DCP & (RDA) KD gave Roadmap overviews - July06 reviews
  • TCG RFC Review
    • Coordinates 1.0 - RFC PASSED TCG vote; on to Exec
    • EPN-TAP - RFC PASSED TCG vote; on to Exec
    • UAT Note adoption - Endorsed 07/22/22 - No action !!
    • MOC-2.0 REC Fix
      • Status - Rec corrected with last set of changes and in place / DAL OK'd / Merged to Git and made the latest doc with a date of 27Jul22; Marco drafted an erratum that needs review and then the erratum needs a TCG approval to note the change.
    • **From Janet&Marco: Thank you to the TCG for your hard work on RFCs & Congratulations for the work completed in 2022 so far!!! **
  • Meeting times going forward?? Accommodate Asia better now that we have TCG members there
    • Alternate between 20UTC and .... maybe 13 UTC?? -- TCG agreed to try alternating mtg times between 20UTC & 13 UTC; will review/adjust when clocks change
      • 13 UTC is 11pm Sydney, 9pm china, 6am Victoria/LA, 9am Boston, 3pm Paris, Madrid, Strasbourg, 2pm London
  • Planning the Interop; Oct 18-20 (Tu-Th)
    • Schedule - round the clock or time in one zone?? - Will keep same 3 block schedule for the upcoming Interop in Oct
      • ADASS planning 4 time blocks - they are moving toward our approach while we discuss moving to their approace - Funny!!
      • Suggest we keep block schedule for upcoming meeting (3 days/short) and consider alternate solution for 5 day mtg in the future if virtual
    • We will kick off with a Newcomers session on Monday, Oct 17
    • WG/IG leads solicit talks - especially for short mtg?? YES
    • Any special topics?? - discussed some & updated with several good ideas - see new section in the ProgramPrepVirtual2022 page - link below
    • Gather.town - open 24h to let people organise side meetings when needed; any other adjustments? - Henrik will lead support as in the past
    • Program Prep Page - https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ProgramPrepVirtualOct2022
      • Added a section on Plenary topics - your welcome to add to it
      • WG/IG welcome to add requests for session slots - open now!!
    • Registration Page - INAF will support as in the past - Goal to have it setup by next TCG mtg
    • Schedule Page - Janet will work on putting the baseline schedule together; will also send a save the date email to Interop and start with procedure to move Interop planning forward
  • JSON & VOTable -- side series of discussions started - MM update
    • Initial discussion in the Time domain interest group email list
    • concerns with backward compatibility; money and resources to make changes
    • Consider a session in the next Interop to consider various points of view and suggest a Roadmap
    • Anne suggested folks meet/talk with Steve Hughs from JPL who has developed a model that draws from an ontology DB with XML, JASON options from an automated framework
  • ADASS 2022 is Virtual: Oct 31-Nov04; ADASS 2023 will be in Tucson - time to provide any TCG preferences/requirements to the Exec
  • Next TCG meeting: Sep 07 2022 @13:00 UTC

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 < r2 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r6 - 2022-08-22 - MarcoMolinaro
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback