TCG Meeting (online) - Thu, Oct 06 2022 @ 20:00 UTC


  • Attendees : Janet Evans [JE], Marco Molinaro [MM], Pierre Le Sidaner [PLS], Adrian Damian [AD], James Dempsey [JD], Grégory Mantelet [GM], Laurent Michel [LM], Jesus Salgado [JS], Giuliano Taffoni [GT], Dave Morris [DM], Renaud Savalle [RS], Tess Jaffe [TeJ], Gilles Landais [GL], Hendrik Heinl [HH], Raffaele D'Abrusco [RDA], Mark Taylor [MT], Steve Groom [SG], Mark Lacy [ML], François Bonnarel [FB], Anne Raugh [AR], Mark Cresitello-Dittmar [MCD]

  • Regrets :


Meeting details

TCG Meeting - Thu, Oct 06 @20:00 UTC

Actions

  • Existing
    • [DM] - integrate code of conduct with IVOA current one and move repo to github.com/ivoa [ONGOING]
      • The GitHub repo has been transferred IVOA and the key questions added to the project README file.
        • Including a CODE_OF_CONDUCT file in all our projects.
        • Including a Developer Certificate of Origin (DCO) file in all our projects.
        • Initiate a process for updating our code of conduct.
    • [Apps] to lead start discussion on JSON & XML in VO architecture [ONGOING, will have a place at Interop]
    • [MM] investigate update of RFC wiki-template [OPEN]
  • New
    • [ALL] feedback for the new IVOA web page (draft page, feedback (wiki)) [ONGOING]
    • [ALL] send out call for contributions and feed the program preparation page [DONE]
    • [ALL] register for the Oct. Interop (website) [ONGOING]
    • [MM] send out an email about abandoned/unused mailing lists decision [OPEN]

Meeting Agenda

(Annotated in Bold with meeting notes after session)


  • Few things to note:
    • Spring 2023 IVOA meeting in Italy (sponsored by INAF) - possible dates 7-12 May and 14-19 May
      • Date will possibly be fixed on Oct. 11. Alert for date conflicts a.s.a.p.
    • Fall 2023 IVOA meeting Tucson (sponsored by Rubin in works) - before or after ADASS
    • Kazakhstan VO working to become a member - presenting to the Exec on Oct 11
    • Homework from Exec - Review Draft front page of IVOA.net - https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/IvoaLandingtSep22
  • TCG RFC Review
    • Measurements 1.0, Coordinates 1.0: doc status?
    • PhotDM 1.1 - ready for Exec?
      • All votes are in. Next step: [JS] push final PR to docrepo and [JE, MM] move to Exec
    • MOC-2.0 REC Fix - ready for vote
    • Vocabularies-2.1 - RFC opened
    • UCDList-1.5 - PEN in preparation, get ready for vote
    • review of ongoing docs postponed to post-Interop meeting
  • Interop Planning: Oct 18-20 (Tu-Th), Newcomers session Mon, Oct 17
    • Program Prep Page - https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ProgramPrepVirtualOct2022
    • Mtg registration at 95 as of the start if this mtg
    • Discussion points:
      • Time to add links and session line up to the extent you know them - see schedule
      • CA asked about time schedule since this meeting comes before Daylight Savings time - should we shift 1 hour??
        • 1h earlier at night is also 1h earlier in the morning: moving question to Exec
      • Anne asked if there is an extra slot or to share to add a few more talks for SSIG
        • a solution will be found without an extra session
      • RD giving up KDD slot #6
        • slot picked up by GWS (session 6)
        • session 7 is currently free, might stay so or used for PDS4 driven contribution
    • Special topics/Plenary planning - VO & the Cloud
      • will include startup JSON discussion
    • WG/IG leads planning - How's it going??
      • Radio IG will contribute 1 talk in DAL session and 1 in Apps session
    • Newcomers session planning - Update from Hendrik
      • session preparation is on its way
    • NOTE: use interop schedule page to set up and alert for Gather Town splinters
  • AOB
    • CoC: what mailing list to have discussion into?
      • Code of Conduct discussion will be alerted on interop mailing list and then moved to the DocStdProc one. Check with Pat if he's OK.
  • Next TCG meeting: *TBD Thursday October 13??? 2022 @13:00 UTC - to assure all is in place???*

Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 < r2 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r6 - 2022-10-07 - MarcoMolinaro
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by Perl This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2022 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback