Program Prep List - Paris (May 13-17, May 12 TCG mtg) - last updated - JE - Apr25

(JE will Move the WG/IG Request from 'New Request' to 'Scheduled' once it's been added to the Program)

Program link: https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpMay2019

AIm for final program 2 weeks ahead of meeting (~Apr 29)

Rooms:

  • Salle du Conseil - TCG/Exec mtgs,
  • Salle Le Verrier - Plenary - 160 seats
  • Salle Denisse - sessions - 50 seats
  • Salle du Levant - sessions - 19 seats
  • Danjon - 30 seats (booked Wed and Thu for Astropy hackathon)
3 extra rooms booked Tues-Thu; BC will have to release them after early planning (in few weeks)
  • Salle du Conseil - 50 seats (availableon Tues only)
  • Batiment B - 19 seats

New Requests:

(Format: [WG] , <Request> - Name - Date)

  • JE Note from last telecon: Hendrik noted they were planning an Intro to the IVOA session before the Interop (Sunday afternoon)
    • BC: not possible to host extra meeting on Sunday afternoon -- BaptisteCecconi - 2019-04-16
  • Registry - ALSO 1 registry operations / validation meeting in a smaller room to continue work from College Park, to not conflict with any session related to TAP. -- TheresaDower - 2019-03-26
    • JE - Will set this up in a side mtg room

Scheduled: (Last update - 04/25 - JE - 4th round updates based on telecon inputs and followup)
  • Seeded this doc with logistics/rooms - JE (03/14)
  • Seeded 2019A Roadmap and posted - JE (03/14)
  • Checked status - JD(01/29) - Have seen requests for session inputs from WG/IG go out
  • 1st schedule round requests - JE (4/21)
    • ML requested start of TCG mtg to be 10:30 - JE made change to TCG mtg start on Sunday (4/3)
    • DCP, if possible not on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday (French astronomical society has his annual meeting in Nice at the same time and i have a request for a talk in DCP which has a clash during these 1,5 days) - André Schaaff - 20/03/19
    • Registry - 2 normal sessions: 1 must be Tuesday or Wednesday. (Speaker from b2find will only be in Paris Tue through Thurs noon.) -- TheresaDower - 2019-04-15
    • TCG, start Sunday mtg at 10:30 if possible due to train schedule - ML - 2019-03-20
    • Theory IG, if possible one session on Wednesday or Thursday (some people are interested in this session but will only be available these days). CarlosRodrigo - 2019-04-03
    • SSIG: IPDA is held the week before and several IPDA representatives will attend IVOA on Mon and Tue. SSIG sessions should be on those days. A plenary SSIG would be appreciated on Monday. BaptisteCecconi - 2019-04-04
      • SSIG (again): we received substantial funding from planetary science (~50% from Europlanet and CNES/IPDA), so having one plenary solar system session, and one splinter session would be fair. Baptiste Cecconi - 2019-04-14
    • DAL: not sure how many sessions yet, but 1 session MUST NOT conflict with GWS (authentication topic). -- MarcoMolinaro - 2019-04-05
      • update DAL asks for 3 sessions, one is a macro-joint (under discussion) -- MarcoMolinaro - 2019-04-16
    • Semantics : 1 session possibly not in parallel with DM, DAL, Theory, and Registry -- MireilleLouys - 2019-04-05
    • EduIG, one session no later than Wednesday, room Salle Denisse is suitable, not in parallel with App session – ChenzhouCui -2019-04-10
    • Ops: 2 sessions. Would prefer not to be in conflict with registry sessions especially for first. Tom McGlynn, 2019-04-16
    • Apps: 2 sessions. One session would be devoted HiPS, so it might be useful to think of it as a "Topic: HiPS" session rather than as "Apps 2", for example. -- TomDonaldson - 2019-04-17
    • DM: 3 sessions. DM1, DM2, plus one 'Topic' session "Topic: Catalogs/Source properties"; the topic session should not conflict with Apps -- MarkCresitelloDittmar - 2019-04-19
  • 2nd schedule round requests - JE (4/23)
    • GWS - One session - would like to avoid conflict with hackathon, and the joint DAL/GWS/Registry topic session
    • DM: Small request.. rename DM2 as a topic session "Provenance: Model and implementations"
    • TDIG: Could you please add a session for the TDIG to the program? It is a joint session with Apps - Don't schedule during hackathon
    • Email exchange between JE & Tom D; OK to have Apps/HIPS session overlap with hackathon; TDIG/Apps to take it's place on Tues
  • 3rd schedule round requests - JE (4/24)
    • Make TDIG a joint session with Apps - Don't schedule during hackathon
    • Email exchange between JE & Tom D; OK to have Apps/HIPS session overlap with hackathon; TDIG/Apps to take it's place on Tues
  • 4th schedule round - JD (4/25)
    • Moved Focus meeting to Tuesday so it wouldn' t overlap with Hackathon - folks invovled in both
    • Moved TDIG from being in parrallel with SSIG (swapped with DM1)
    • Changed Hackathon review to 1 hour and added extra 1/2 hour to Closing Plenary
  • 5th schedule round - (4/26)
    • Request from Tom D to move TDIG/Apps session back to Wednesday, and Apps/HiPS to Tuesday.
    • DAL - move DAL I from session 5 to session 14, DAL III ("TAP-fostered AuthN") takes then empty session 11 "xxx" slot -- MarcoMolinaro - 2019-04-26
Topic revision: r31 - 2019-04-26 - JanetEvans
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback