Provenance meeting in Potsdam, Germany, 2018 January 18th to January 19th

supported by OV-France, GAVO, Paris Data Center and Asterics Project

Follow_up_meeting

hosted at Leibniz-Institute for Astrophysics, Potsdam, Germany ( AIP)

Participants

Name Organisation Arrival time Leaving time
Kristin Riebe AIP 2018-01-18, 8:30 am 2018-01-19, 5:00 pm
Mireille Louys CDS/ICube Strasbourg 2018-01-18, 9:00 am 2018-01-19, 4:00 pm
Mathieu Servillat LUTH - CNRS/ObsParis/PSL 2018-01-18, 12:00 pm 2018-01-19, 5:00 pm
Michèle Sanguillon LUPM - CNRS 2018-01-17, 7:00 pm 2018-01-19, 4:00 pm
Francois Bonnarel CDS/ObAS 2018-01-18, 8:30 am 2018-01-19, 4:00 pm
Markus Nullmeier ARI 2018-01-17, 7:30 pm 2018-01-19, 2:00 pm
Ole Streicher AIP 2018-01-18, 9:30 am 2018-01-19, 5:00 pm
Anastasia Galkin AIP 2018-01-18, 9:30 am 2018-01-19, 5:00 pm

insert your name here...

Venue

Leibniz-Insitute for Astrophysics Potsdam, An der Sternwarte 16, 14482 Potsdam, Germany How to get there

We'll start our meeting in Schwarzschildhaus, seminar room at the ground floor. This is the building on the left side with the long roof. There's also a sign "Empfang" pointing there. Enter the buildung, walk straight ahead, turn left after the coffee machine. The room straight ahead is the seminar room. We may later switch to another room if there are WLAN troubles.

The bus 694 arrives every 20 - 40 minutes, stop "Sternwarte" is directly at the campus.

If you arrive by plane in Berlin, you can buy a Berlin ABC ticket (3.40 Euro single trip). This covers the Potsdam public transport as well. Check out the best connection via http://www.bahn.de or https://www.vbb.de/en/index.html.

We plan to have dinner at an Indian restaurant in Babelsberg at 7 pm on Thursday: http://restaurant-sagar.de/

Lunch is available at our small cantine, open from 11:30 - 14:00. They serve three different dishes each day for < 5 Euros. On Friday, we could also order Pizza, e.g. from Smileys. Their current lunch offer is here: Lunch offers (not in English, but with pictures! :-))

I'll provide some cookies for our breaks.

Meeting Agenda

Thursday, 18th January 2018
Time Speaker Title Presentation file
on arrival at AIP   Let's meet in the seminar room, have a chat, check the internet connection etc. whenever you arrive  
10:30   Coffee break
(Kristin needs to join another meeting for ~ 15 min)
 
12:00   Lunch break  
13:00 Kristin IVOA Provenance - Current status  
    Discussion  
  Mireille Different levels of metadata (core, workflow, dataflow)  
  Francois, Mireille ProvTAP status  
       
       
18:30   Closing  
19:00   Dinner at Restaurant Sagar, Babelsberg  
Friday, 19th January 2018
Time Speaker Title Presentation file
9:00      
    ...  
    ...  
    ...  
       
       
       
16:00   Closing words  

Topics to discuss / suggestions

  • Remaining Discussion points and TODOs from http://wiki.ivoa.net/bin/view/IVOA/ObservationProvenanceDataModel
  • review comments received on the dm list since Kristin issued the document
  • review/clarify the minutes of splinter meeting at ADASS. ( I have uploaded a corrected version on the wiki page)
  • define how to build a hierarchy of the metadata we want.
    Usually we have the terms MUST, SHOULD, MAY to define the standard description, but here we need to define different
    levels of description of the Provenance INFO, because some projects will want it to be compact and simple, and some
    others would like to be fully detailed, and the intermediate cases may also happen.
    Could we try to define 2 or 3 levels of templates for serialising the model?
  • Data Access Layer: What to keep in the current DM document and what to describe in a DAL document
    • TAP implementation status (Francois, Mireille)
  • Status of reference implementations

Useful links:

Add useful links here

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
Texttxt MinutesmeetingProvatADASS2017-10-26.txt manage 4.0 K 2018-01-17 - 12:53 KristinRiebe Minutes of splintermeeting @ ADASS meeting Oct 2017 ; by Mireille
Texttxt meetingMinutesProvenanceDayPostdam2018Jan18-19.txt manage 9.8 K 2018-01-26 - 19:06 MireilleLouys Minutes of the meetings
Topic revision: r2 - 2018-01-26 - MireilleLouys
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © 2008-2019 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback